My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Lord

taphthartharath

Holy art thou, lord of the universe.
Holy art thou, whom nature hath not formed.
Holy art thou, the vast and the mighty one.
Lord of light and of darkness.
Let us adore The Lord and king of earth. Adonai ha- arets. Adonai Melekh. Unto thee be the kingdom, the power, and the glory.
Malkuth, Geburah, Gedulah, so more it be.

Freemason Connect Mobile

LittleHunter

I think most Masons are on the same quest. Some follow the traditional religion in which they were raised. Some study Kabbalah, Zen, Hermeticism or other mystic paths. Others find their path through religious conversion but we are all asking, "Who is my Creator?" "How can I be closet to my Creator?" "How can I be a better person?" We all ask seen answers in different ways.

Freemason Connect Mobile

dfreybur

Premium Member
Holy art thou, lord of the universe.

It is against the landmarks to bring discussion of sectarian religion into our tiled meetings. We tend to extend this rule more widely when we meet in other contexts. While it's not strictly forbidden to introduce such discussion in an open group, to do so in an acceptable manner requires far more background than just blurting out a prayer that you learned at synagogue.

You have introduced an assortment of topics with no introduction. Is there any reason that I should not write you off as a troll at this point and start reporting your posts to the moderation team? If you are an anti trying to irritate us I pray for your mental healing. If you are an outsider I will point out that in our obligations we promise to never recommend a lunatic to become a Mason and very many brothers who read your posts may tend to conclude you fit that description.

Wisdom and moderation my potential friend. Learn the local culture first then post. I suggest you take a step back and read for a while.

crono782

Premium Member
So, it seems to me that a fair amount of confusion arises from folks posting in the wrong areas of the site. Case in point, this prayer/poem and his altar pic. I feel like we some folks just don't realize that we're a bit OCD about our forum organization and other members misconstrue the wrong location as trying to tie something to freemasonry when it may or may not. Perhaps can we get a "report post" feature that isn't related to spam, but rather "misorganized" to serve as a friendly note to mods that the post could be better located?

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
So, it seems to me that a fair amount of confusion arises from folks posting in the wrong areas of the site. Case in point, this prayer/poem and his altar pic. I feel like we some folks just don't realize that we're a bit OCD about our forum organization and other members misconstrue the wrong location as trying to tie something to freemasonry when it may or may not. Perhaps can we get a "report post" feature that isn't related to spam, but rather "misorganized" to serve as a friendly note to mods that the post could be better located?

If you paid close attention to this thread you will see that a Administrator re-located it to the section he felt worthy.

crono782

Premium Member
Right I saw where JTM fixed it, I meant as a generality. Our mods keep a pretty tidy ship, just suggesting a method to help users help out too.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Right I saw where JTM fixed it, I meant as a generality. Our mods keep a pretty tidy ship, just suggesting a method to help users help out too.

Freemason Connect Mobile

There are certain limitations when accessing via mobile application, for certain. It's tough from the other side of the fence at times.

NOW, back on topic... LOL!

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
We get a lot of members that are new to the boards. This particular member seems to have presented a good couple of threads if we give it the right context. We're considering more mods, but until then, please let mods do mod jobs.

I appreciate this particular member's contribution thus far.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the comments, but in the future, I'll be deleting discussion of our moderation.

Freemason Connect Mobile

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Occasional new posters seem to be occultists with no actual Masonic affiliation but a lot of beliefs about Freemasonry gleaned from outside sources. This may explain such posts.

dfreybur

Premium Member
Occasional new posters seem to be occultists with no actual Masonic affiliation but a lot of beliefs about Freemasonry gleaned from outside sources. This may explain such posts.

I wonder if they are members of other organizations who are going to the well from which their organization sprang or if they are not members of either and can't tell the difference. I figure the latter in the case of recent new posters.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
I wonder if they are members of other organizations who are going to the well from which their organization sprang or if they are not members of either and can't tell the difference. I figure the latter in the case of recent new posters.

I'm with you on some of these... heh. You never know.

Freemason Connect Mobile