My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Lost Symbol Movie

MarkR

Premium Member
My reaction to that book, when I got to the end, was "really? That's what this was all about?" It seemed like he just didn't know how to end it, and came up with a very ho-hum solution.

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
There should be a state wide open house at every Lodge when it's released.

Do you mean that by having it showing in our lodges and the members/families comes see it, or do you mean to have an open door and invite anyone from the community to come in and see it featured in the lodge, which at the same time gives people that don't know much about Masonry see that we aren't some secret society? Let them look at the lodgerooms and all the local historical pieces.

cog41

Premium Member
Thought the book was fairly good read until the last couple of chapters. The ending got pretty goofy.

Just my opinion though.

Pscyclepath

Premium Member
All three of the Dan Brown books have exactly the same plot... only the scenery and names of the supporting characters change.

Still, I thought "Lost Symbol" was an entertaining book... and save for the formulaic pscychopathic murderer, it put the Craft in a fair light. Will have to see if Hollywood does the same ;-)

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Not only have I not read the book, I have yet to read any of those novels. The only Dan Brown book I have read dealt with computers and stuff. Which I found to be so-so and thus kept me from reading his others. I haven't seen but bits and pieces of the two movies. I do think that as the movie comes out and starts to do well an open house would be a great idea.

crono782

Premium Member
I rather not see it made. I can't see how it would do the craft good besides some public exposure. The west gate would need some good guarding in that case. Hah

Freemason Connect Mobile

widows son

Premium Member
I agree with Crono. I read it before I became a Mason, and it gives the wrong impression of it. Luckily I came across some information that was actually useful.

crono782

Premium Member
For sure. It does paint the craft in a favorable light, but is quite sensational.

Freemason Connect Mobile