The Master Craftsman program

Discussion in 'Masonic Education' started by David612, Aug 7, 2019.

1. David612

David612 Registered User

Been a while since we had one of these threads-
    I’ve just started the ritual and monitor course, really good foundational information by the looks

2. Winter

Winter Premium Member

I'm waiting for my third quiz to arrive now. I'm enjoying it so far.

Transmitted via R5 astromech using Tapatalk Galactic

3. Hasaf

Hasaf Registered User

Can you provide a link to what you are talking about?

4. Winter

Winter Premium Member

The Scottish Rite Master Craftsman (SRMC) program is an exciting, by-mail correspondence course designed and administered by staff at the House of the Temple in Washington, DC, under the guidance and leadership of the Supreme Council, 33°, of the A&A Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction, USA. Currently, three courses and a Group Studies program constitute the SRMC.

https://scottishrite.org/members/general-membership-information/masonic-education/srmc/

5. Pointwithinacircle3

Pointwithinacircle3 Registered User

I signed up for the SRMC program years ago but never followed through with it. Does anyone know if my old membership is still good or would I have to sign up for it again?

6. Winter

Winter Premium Member

Good question. Not sure, but I bet if you emailed the Secretary they would be able to look into it. If they have your records, I don't see why not. The course isn't timed.

7. Winter

Winter Premium Member

Brother Sizemore leaves very inspiring smiley faces on your quizzes when you do well![​IMG]

Bill Lins, otherstar and David612 like this.
  8. David612

David612 Registered User

Nice-
    I’ve gotta write an essay then get my first quiz in

Winter likes this.
  9. Winter

Winter Premium Member

I have to say, studying the old rituals from the 17th, 18th, and 19th century and comparing and contrasting how the symbolism in the degrees has evolved has been fascinating. If anyone is on the fence about the Master Craftsman program, I urge you to take the plunge. The two books are very expensive, true, but the cost is well worth the value.

Bill Lins and Glen Cook like this.
  10. otherstar

otherstar Registered User

I've finished the Ritual Course using the Monitor and Guide and now I'm working through the Philosophy course using the annotated Morals & Dogma. Great stuff!!

Bill Lins and Winter like this.

Share My Freemasonry