My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things to consider when becoming a freemason?

geek84

Hi Folks

I hope you're all well. I am thinking of becoming a Freemason and was wondering if someone would kindly tell me what things I need to know and consider before joining.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

David612

There are many paths in freemasonry, what are you looking to find?
What do you know about the Fraternity and what brings you to our door?

geek84

Thanks folks.

Where can I buy Freemasonry for Dummies?

I want to increase my social circle and many friends have suggested that Freemasonry is one of the oldest networking groups ! It also does a lot of good causes in the communities - so I thought that would be ideal !

geek84

Hi Folks

I ordered the book last night. Thanks for the link.

However, I also want to talk to Freemasons face to face to get a feel what it's really like to become a Fremason.

Is this anything that can be done online?

Thanks

Bloke

Premium Member
Hi Folks

I ordered the book last night. Thanks for the link.

However, I also want to talk to Freemasons face to face to get a feel what it's really like to become a Fremason.

Is this anything that can be done online?

Thanks
We can always chat online, but perhaps find a local lodge and meet them face to face ?

Mark89

Hi Folks

I hope you're all well. I am thinking of becoming a Freemason and was wondering if someone would kindly tell me what things I need to know and consider before joining.

Hello, how are you?. The first thing would be to ask yourself:

- Am I a free man and good manners?.
- Do I believe in a First cause, a Superior principle to all men?. That is, the belief in a Higher Being, whose meaning will be constituted by the Great Architect of the Universe.
- I am a man without dogmas?.
- Do I identify with the development of humanity?
- Do I seek to improve every day and find answers through reason?.
- Is it part of me doing philanthropy?. It is not an obligation to do philanthropy, but each person could do it according to their possibilities.
- Am I a man without vices or ties that prevent my progress and spiritual, personal and social progress
61198670c49cc91ee0b971beb304fff7.jpg
?.

These questions can guide you. As for books and readings, there are many, in other forums recommendations are given in this regard.

A great greeting.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Hello, how are you?. The first thing would be to ask yourself:

- Am I a free man and good manners?.
- Do I believe in a First cause, a Superior principle to all men?. That is, the belief in a Higher Being, whose meaning will be constituted by the Great Architect of the Universe.
- I am a man without dogmas?.
- Do I identify with the development of humanity?
- Do I seek to improve every day and find answers through reason?.
- Is it part of me doing philanthropy?. It is not an obligation to do philanthropy, but each person could do it according to their possibilities.
- Am I a man without vices or ties that prevent my progress and spiritual, personal and social progress
61198670c49cc91ee0b971beb304fff7.jpg
?.

These questions can guide you. As for books and readings, there are many, in other forums recommendations are given in this regard.

A great greeting.

I would slightly disagree. One may have dogmas. They should generally not be imposed on others.

CLewey44

Hi Folks

I would definitely go to your local lodge or lodges to see if it's a good fit or not. They will have you petition and if you meet those requirements you will LIKELY be voted in.

Time is a problem many masons encounter. You can be in lodge more than once a week or you can be entered and never show up again...and everything in between. If married or in a relationship, kids etc, you may want to weigh in with them to ensure they have your support. One thing about masonry is it is a blindfolded plunge you have to take in order to find out if it is for you or not. Talking in person at your local lodge will give you the best idea as to whether or not it's for you.

dfreybur

Premium Member
libertarian? Isnt that a political ideology?

It is sectarian in the US in the sense that we have an active Libertarian party.

In a more general philosophical sense it can refer to the US as a "Masonic experiment".

It's very difficult to walk the line between what is partisan in politics and what is not, which is why some jurisdictions ban political discussion of all type.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I would definitely go to your local lodge or lodges to see if it's a good fit or not. They will have you petition and if you meet those requirements you will LIKELY be voted in.
Good advice.
If married or in a relationship, kids etc, you may want to weigh in with them to ensure they have your support.
Absolutely
In a more general philosophical sense it can refer to the US as a "Masonic experiment".
I think that this is the way that it was meant.
It's very difficult to walk the line between what is partisan in politics and what is not, which is why some jurisdictions ban political discussion of all type.
It is so here in Kentucky. I assume from your reply that some U.S. jurisdictions allow political discussions?

hfmm97

Premium Member
No, in that sense no, it was a mistake to write it, my native language is Spanish. I mean to avoid ties that attempt against the development of freedom.

A big greetings.

You must mean “libertino” libertine (n) or
“libertinaje” libertine (adj)

Libertarian, whether political party or philosophy I think would be “libertariano (a)”

I have a minor course of study in Spanish 30 years ago in university but am very out of practice