My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three Parrots

jonesvilletexas

Premium Member
Three Parrots
A Mason was telling a fellow Mason about the trouble he was having with his ritual. His friend said he knew a Brother down the road who sells parrots that know the ritual and then prompt you when you have any trouble. So the next day off he went to the shop. After strict examination, the owner pulled a curtain to reveal three parrots. The first was wearing a Master's apron, the second had on a MM apron, and the third bore a Grand Lodge apron.

"How much is the one with the Master's apron on?"

"$6000. He knows all the ritual including the inner workings, and will always prompt you when you get stuck"

"No, too expensive. What about the one with the MM apron on?"

"Well, that one is only $3,000. He doesn't know the inner workings, but knows all the ritual and will always prompt you when learning."

"No, still too much I'm afraid. What about the one wearing the Grand Lodge apron?"

"Oh, I can let you have him for just 10 bucks!"

"Why so cheap? He must know all the ritual and the inner workings?"

"Oh yes, he knows all the ritual alright. But when you make a mistake all he does is sit there and mutter 'Tut, tut, tut!'"