My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tombstones...

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
During my bi-annual trip to Chicago last week a stumbled upon an old Jewish cemetery while leaving Wrigley Field. I walked through it, and here is a taste of what I found...

074.jpg

073.jpg

072.jpg

071.jpg

R

RJS

Those are pretty cool! Was the second tombstone for a woman?

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
It goes to show what an impression Masonry makes on men with them wanting the S&C on their tombstones. Too cool

Wingnut

Premium Member
Many cemetaries in Texas have a Masonic Section. Our Lodge mows and cleans the one in Pecan Grove in McKinney.

Bro Mike

There is a cemetery in North Austin/Pflugerville that has monuments set-up in the shape of an outdoor Lodge Room. Stations, altar, the works. I'll have to swing by and snap some pictures.

J

JEbeling

That was great.. ! always love the history behind Masonry.. ! seeing the old stones show me what they though about Masonry.. !

There is an old tombstone in the Rosenberg cementry that is neet.. ! it is a stone with no name just the square and compasses.. ! the story goes that a brother mason from the north came to town and made himself known to a few brothern of the lodge and then caught something and died.. they did not know his name or where he was from so they gave him a masonic service and purchased a tombstone for the grave with no name.. they said all a person needs to know about his was that he was a good man and a mason..?