Tombstones...

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by TCShelton, Sep 7, 2008.

1. TCShelton

TCShelton Founding Member Premium Member

During my bi-annual trip to Chicago last week a stumbled upon an old Jewish cemetery while leaving Wrigley Field. I walked through it, and here is a taste of what I found...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TCShelton

3. TCShelton

4. RJS

RJS Guest

Those are pretty cool! Was the second tombstone for a woman?

5. TCShelton

It was a stone shared by the husband and wife.

6. rhitland

rhitland Founding Member Premium Member

It goes to show what an impression Masonry makes on men with them wanting the S&C on their tombstones. Too cool

7. Nate C.

Nate C. Registered User

I definitely want a Square and Compass on my tombstone, when the day comes.

8. owls84

owls84 Moderator Premium Member

Wow

That is really good stuff. I like that.

9. Wingnut

Wingnut Premium Member

Many cemetaries in Texas have a Masonic Section. Our Lodge mows and cleans the one in Pecan Grove in McKinney.

10. Bro Mike

Bro Mike Registered User

There is a cemetery in North Austin/Pflugerville that has monuments set-up in the shape of an outdoor Lodge Room. Stations, altar, the works. I'll have to swing by and snap some pictures.

11. JEbeling

JEbeling Guest

That was great.. ! always love the history behind Masonry.. ! seeing the old stones show me what they though about Masonry.. !

There is an old tombstone in the Rosenberg cementry that is neet.. ! it is a stone with no name just the square and compasses.. ! the story goes that a brother mason from the north came to town and made himself known to a few brothern of the lodge and then caught something and died.. they did not know his name or where he was from so they gave him a masonic service and purchased a tombstone for the grave with no name.. they said all a person needs to know about his was that he was a good man and a mason..?

Share My Freemasonry