tv commercials

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by jvarnell, Oct 29, 2012.

1. jvarnell

jvarnell Premium Member

2. widows son

widows son Premium Member

I think it's a great commentary on the way things seem to be. But it is a campaign and is supposed to trigger certain feelings and emotions.

3. timgould

timgould Registered User

There is very little left on TV that I really care for. Maybe I am just getting old. I like the oldies shows and some Food and Reality shows. Other than that.... give me COLUMBO.
    The term "idiot box" has truly taken hold now a days. ha
    Worst yet, so many BELIEVE what's being shown!

4. widows son

I'm a huge mash fan

5. dreamer

dreamer Registered User

I no longer have TV in my house, I watch DVDs. Sad, yes, but TV went down hill. I enjoyed watching commercials because I would critique them and I must say some really hit the mark. I always felt that I wanted to be the person to judge them for the CLEO award. Silly, but then again I always felt I wanted to chase twisters!

6. Traveling Man

Traveling Man Premium Member

MASH; my sleeping pill, I go to sleep every night watching MASH! You have impeccable taste my brother:)

7. widows son

Lol i love black comedies, and the wittiness mash has is unlike any other show

8. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

I consider it to be exploitation, just as when people drag their small kids to protest marches & give the kids signs to carry. Those kids have not been exposed to the other side of whatever issue is involved & have not learned how to evaluate issues & come up with an informed opinion. In a way, it amounts to abuse IMHO.

9. widows son

Ya I agree it's one thing to educate children but to have them regurgitate a campaign as script is a little off

10. Brent Heilman

Brent Heilman Premium Member

The sad thing is these kids are just puppets. They are not old enough to form their own opinions in politics yet. To have them repeat lines that someone else wrote is just wrong. No person in a position that has the ability to enough with this kind of crap will step up to the plate. If it were Romney making an ad like that the firestorm that would ensue would be tremendous. With things like this we are starting to look like North Korea with their Dear Leader. Sad stuff really.

11. widows son

Theres a good documentary about north Korea. Some guy from the states gets in. It's a very creepy movie. It's on YouTube can't remember the name, but the guy has long hair and a beard that's hosts it.

Share My Freemasonry