My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upcoming EA Degree -- Frontier #28

C

C. B. Barbee

Frontier #28, the "Reenactor's Lodge" will be initiating it's second EA on April 4, 2009 at the old Guy Lodge building on the Historic George Ranch Historical Park, just outside of Richmond, Texas.

Degree will begin at 7:30 PM and there will be a meal before hand (6:30 ish). As for getting in, you know the drill-- current dues card and a photo ID.

Dress is period attire (1830s-40s) if you have it, but from the W.M's own words "we don't turn away folks who are otherwise qualified."

I would also encourage one and all who are in the Houston area to come out during the day to the George Ranch. That weekend is its annual "Runaway Scrape" reenactment. Cheap fun!

P

paradigm0shift

I love Reenactment Degrees. I hope there is another outdoor torchlight degree soon

C

C. B. Barbee

Hahaha. I'd type more if my whole body didn't just hive up at the mention of the word "mosquito."

J

JEbeling

Barbee.. ! give directions on how to get there.. ! I know where the George Ranch exit is but where is the lodge from there..? :confused:

C

C. B. Barbee

Take the exit and you'll turn left (away from Richmond) and keep going toward Crabb until you get to the 4-way stop. At the stop (the light may be working, but never bet on it) you'll be at FM 762. Turning left will take you back to 59 and then on to Grand Parkway, turn right to go to the ranch. The ranch is a couple miles down the road, on the right. The entrance is the normal ranch entrance and should be marked.

Turn right off the drive way into the first entrance of the Ranch parking lot and the Guy Lodge building is to the right of the parking lot, halfway down. Can't miss it (but then I used to work out there.)

G

gortex6

I used to volunteer at George Ranch. Would they allow anyone to borrow their pioneer clothing for this?

jackk

i plan on attending after going to the outdoor masters degree in west columbia. two outdoor degrees in one day ! reckon it it don't get much better.