My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upcoming Worshipful Masters

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
In the next few months, Lodges across the State will be electing new Worshipful Masters. What advice would you give them? Did you have a plan or agenda in place prior to becoming one? What was your greatest achievement? What would you do different?

nick1368

I am JW right now and I have already have my "theme" for my year....." No Plans" .... the last couple of WW that have had big plans have disappointed when they didn't follow through whether it was because they just got lazy or we had a Hurricane...so I figure if I go in with no plans and then do something good it will work out....LOL

Joey

Co-Founder
Staff Member
Well..... as many of you know I'm the acting Master of my Lodge this year.... I had to pick up the pieces when our Master passed away back at the end of September. Obviously I've made some mis-steps along the way but, I feel that I am doing the best I can with what I was dealt. R.W. Sachtleben and Bro. Blake have been helping me tremendously during the past several months.

I plan on keeping on "keeping on" with what we've got going on when I "officially assume the East" in July.

Gonzales #30 has been around too long and has too much history to screw it up now.

I appreciate everyones thoughts and prayers for me and the Lodge.

TexMass

As a Past Master, one bit of advice I can give you is, if you publish your cell phone number then increase the minutes on your account...you'll need them. It seems everyone thinks you have all the answers as soon as you take the gavel. The other thing is, if you have children that are now over 16 then you have some experience dealing with the different personalities. With all due respect, some men can be childish, jealous, withdrawn and mean spirited in ways you never noticed before. Not necessarily toward you but to each other and you feel like your being a parent trying to quiet things down because one screams "he's looking at me"! I'm sure that I have fallen into those categories several times. Once you figure out who gets the spank and who gets the pat then your OK. Wow, I'm rambling. Actually I loved my year as Master and have been in management for over 20 years so dealing with the personalities were actually fun. Good luck to all New Masters and get ready for the fastest year ever.

R

ravickery03

With all due respect, some men can be childish, jealous, withdrawn and mean spirited in ways you never noticed before. QUOTE]

Heh. When I was reading this I forgot you were talking about Freemasons, not Federal Government Employees.