My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upcoming Worshipful Masters

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
For those who are upcoming Worshipful Masters (JW & SW), what plans do you have for your Lodge? Is there anything you want to implement, change, etc while serving as Master of your Lodge?

jonesvilletexas

Premium Member
Yes, a buddy list, each officer will have to pick 10 members and contact each month to let them know that we care, if they come to lodge that much the better.

nick1368

What a great idea "Buddy list" Our current WM wanted to implement a news letter and that hasn't happened yet and it is something I would like to see happen. I think the Brothers that do not come regularly would might get "re-interested" if they knew what was going on in their lodge other than getting a dues notice. Also I would like for us to start doing a community builder award. I have already started working on my calendar, but keeping mind my theme " Year of No Plans"...lol

Smokey613

I started our website. It's very simple but allows the less active lodge members keep up on what is happening. We also have a private email list restricted to just members of our lodge so we can exhange information and reminders of upcoming activities. We also have an online calendar of events.

Last edited:

Wingnut

Premium Member
things we are trying:

1) Im taking pictures of EVERY committee, meeting, practice, training etc and posting them on the website. We have a Projection system in the lodge room and are showing a slide show of us doing things outside the stated meetings. Every time I go to the lodge after the meeting or what have you we always get in a few games of pool. As one of my wise brothers told me, everyone likes to see themselves and be recognized for what they do. If we look like we are having fun it just may build enthusiasm.

2) planning more FUN things like shooting pool, getting together at the lodge to get some pizza and just hang out and BS.

3) I just started a LIFE and ALL class every Thursday night. Goal is to help the new MM get done with the ALL and everyone thats interested or is required to complete the LIFE books. It will also give us the time to have discussions as a group over some of the learning activities and to gain more synergy and enthusiasm around the lodge.