Utilities

Discussion in 'The Refreshment Lounge' started by Bill Hosler, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Bill Hosler

Bill Hosler Registered User

I visited Texas the other day looking at apartments. I was suprised to find out we can choose which electric company services you. I have never encountered this before.

How do you choose? Do you choose the cheapest per kilawatt hour? Is the service better with one carrier versus another?

Any suggestions will be helpful.

2. Txmason

Txmason Registered User

Bill give me a call and ill help you out:) Check your PM

3. Traveling Man

Traveling Man Premium Member

Look up power to choose, all the vendors and rates are there for you to compare...

4. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

Electric providers vary by rates, some offer static rates for lengths of time, some offer better or worse rates. Some have programs that averages your energy usage payment so that you pay roughly the same each month (ends up being higher in the winter, but cheaper in the summer). Some have better payment features, etc. I personally like Green Mountain Energy, but there are plenty of good ones.

5. Bill Hosler

Bill Hosler Registered User

Thanks guys. Its something we will have to look at. Im not used to choices. :)

6. BryanMaloney

BryanMaloney Premium Member

It's a lot like telephone providers--look out for "special" rates that disappear over time.

7. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

where in texas are you going to live? generally if the city still has non-profit status you only get one rate, if you are in a deregulated zone, you'll get a really good rate this time of year but a terrible one in the summer. (cost of power during that time of year)

in large cities (aka, withing "houston" or "dallas" go with cheapest... if you are rural, ask your neighbors, they will know who depends on a generator more than the others do.

Share My Freemasonry