My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utilities

Bill Hosler

I visited Texas the other day looking at apartments. I was suprised to find out we can choose which electric company services you. I have never encountered this before.

How do you choose? Do you choose the cheapest per kilawatt hour? Is the service better with one carrier versus another?

Any suggestions will be helpful.

crono782

Premium Member
Electric providers vary by rates, some offer static rates for lengths of time, some offer better or worse rates. Some have programs that averages your energy usage payment so that you pay roughly the same each month (ends up being higher in the winter, but cheaper in the summer). Some have better payment features, etc. I personally like Green Mountain Energy, but there are plenty of good ones.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
where in texas are you going to live? generally if the city still has non-profit status you only get one rate, if you are in a deregulated zone, you'll get a really good rate this time of year but a terrible one in the summer. (cost of power during that time of year)

in large cities (aka, withing "houston" or "dallas" go with cheapest... if you are rural, ask your neighbors, they will know who depends on a generator more than the others do.