My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Blogging

swole

I have a qik account. It's kinda like a video blog. Would it be wrong to document my thoughts on Masonry and my feelings, thoughts and opinions on the start of my journey? I got the idea from another cat, that was video blogging about his expireinces on the start of his PHA journey the last one i saw was where he was talking about being nervous for his 3rd degree to become a MM.

H

Huw

Hmmm. Interesting question, swole.

I can't see any reason against it in principle. However, I'd approach the idea with caution. It's all too easy for all of us to forget, on forums like this as well as in blogs, that as soon as we upload, whatever we've said is out there forever, someone somewhere has a copy and we can't un-say it. Therefore, obviously, we should think about what we say before we press the button. My concern is that with a video blog, it may be more difficult to exercise due editorial control over your own output. Perhaps it's an unwarranted concern, I don't know, I've never tried it myself.

Best,

Huw

swole

Yeah, that's the thing about the interent once something is posted then you can't take it back. That's why i opened a qik account. You are able to set privacy on it. So for example if i choose to post on this forum or lets say FB, then only those with that specific link can see it. I know its not 100% full proof, but it's better than just posting buck naked, if you will. I believe youtube has options like that also. I am use to public stuff like that though, being that i work in the entertainment field. Naturally i wouldn't say anything that i'm not suppose to that would jeopardize my eligibility to become, or once i become, staying a Mason. It was something i was giving some thought on and really haven't decided on yet. I think it would be interesting to others thinking about Masonry, to actually watch someone's journey from the beginning.

*** lol if you look at almost all my posts the have been edited on mostly spelling. I just seen that this reply thing has a spell check on the right side lmao!!!! I am so slow sometimes!

Last edited:

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
i would think that a good, honest record of "my thoughts on Masonry and my feelings, thoughts and opinions on the start of my journey" would be most valuable not only to you and those that you would like to share it with than anyone that might be researching masonry.

i would say this: DO IT. I WANT TO SEE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY.

caps = please do it. i would love to hear honest, real opinions regarding the topic. include as many details as you are willing to share.