My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visiting lodges that aren't in your jurisdiction

Capricornguy

In my experience, there are a number of reasons:

They don’t know any better when they join.

This is where there friends and family are. They are happy there.

They seek after the honors of men, a fault shared with regular masonry.

Petty pride and personality disorders. Some will have belonged to three different obediences with never moving.

Corruption and desire for money.

when we spoke he was more interested in the networking and benefits. Also the ethics and moral it taught him. Strange how he become a “32 degree” mason in his own lodge.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Y'know, I can't really fault men who join clandestine Lodges. I joined the Fraternity because of men I knew & respected who were/are Masons. I knew nothing about "mainstream" or Prince Hall Lodges. Had my Masonic friends belonged to clandestine Lodges, I would have, unknowingly, joined them, like many Brethren I have since met- some of them now on these forums. I place the blame on the founders of those spurious GLs, especially those who did so for financial reasons.

Capricornguy

Y'know, I can't really fault men who join clandestine Lodges. I joined the Fraternity because of men I knew & respected who were/are Masons. I knew nothing about "mainstream" or Prince Hall Lodges. Had my Masonic friends belonged to clandestine Lodges, I would have, unknowingly, joined them, like many Brethren I have since met- some of them now on these forums. I place the blame on the founders of those spurious GLs, especially those who did so for financial reasons.

But the bottom line is not the visit or go to their meetings?