My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visiting the Grand Lodge of Texas

nwendele

Waco is just a few miles up the road, so I was thinking about exploring the Grand Lodge. I can't find any hours or visiting info on the website. Who has been up there before? Anything I should look for?

Beathard

Premium Member
nwendele said:
Waco is just a few miles up the road, so I was thinking about exploring the Grand Lodge. I can't find any hours or visiting info on the website. Who has been up there before? Anything I should look for?

8-4:30 check out the museum and library
Expect the rest of the place to be dark. They are conserving electricity by keeping the lights off.

JJones

Brother Beathard pretty much covered it. You can't say you visited Grand Lodge unless you check out the museum and library, just be warned it's easy to lose track of time in the library if you're a bookworm. :)

RAY

Its a great place to see but be there early so you will have time to really take a good look. Takes a couple of days to see it all.

Kenneth Lottman

Does the museum have a gift shop? Oh and is that 8-4:30 is that mon-fri or 7 days a week?

Sent from my iPhone using Freemasonry

Last edited:

JJones

I don't remember seeing one when I was there but I might have over looked it.

I'd actually be kind of surprised if they didn't. ;)

tomasball

Premium Member
I don't think they're open on weekends. There's a very interesting historical collection on the south end of the main lobby, with mementos of Sam Houston and other prominent early Texas masons.

Also consider visiting the Lockwood Scottish Rite Library on Waco Drive. Spectacular building with good library.

I would also put in a plug for the Armstrong-Browning Library on Baylor's campus. Very beautiful edifice dedicated to Bro. Robert Browning.