What does your Lodge do right?

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Blake Bowden, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

Quite often we read about lack of participation or quality degree work, but what does your Lodge DO RIGHT? Is there a particular event that stands out whether it be for charity or Lodge members? What event do you look forward to each year?

2. Hippie19950

Hippie19950 Premium Member

Now I'm going to have to think. I'll get back to you on this :)

3. Bro.BruceBenjamin

Bro.BruceBenjamin Premium Member

Charity is what my lodge does best.

4. Dave in Waco

Dave in Waco Premium Member

We really know how to throw candy during parades. LOL

Seriously, we are really working on our ritual.

5. Bro Whalon

Bro Whalon Registered User

The charity work has done wonders for us as well.

6. Frater Cliff Porter

Frater Cliff Porter Premium Member

I absolutely LOVE my lodge.

We have on average about 80 percent member attendance at every meeting. We have several visitors at every meeting and its not uncommon to have more than 100% of our numbers in attendance. We have actually had near 10 times are membership number sitting in lodge.

Our degree teams are superb. We pick the Brother up at his home in a limo, hoodwink him, drive in silence for an hour before he is brought to the chamber of reflection.

Our lodge experiences have include Nobel Prizer winners, New York Times best selling authors, and great thinkers from around the world.

We have worked on joint programs with the SR, the YR, the Grand Lodge and other blue lodges to do cool joint stuff bringing resources and brothers together.

The Brothers can't wait for the meetings, we have a four year waiting list, we participate in large numbers at the other bodies and are an active Masonic presence throughout the state.

They hosted the MRF national sympsosium and did it like clockwork.

I can't say enough good about it. I am humbled to be a member.

7. Jamesb

Jamesb Registered User

Show off - LOL

8. Jamesb

Jamesb Registered User

I'd say that my lodge does fellowship well. These guys are my friends, and I look forward to doing things with them.

9. Frater Cliff Porter

Frater Cliff Porter Premium Member

:blushing: Sorry I get carried away. I just love my lodge.....if I didn't mention that:14:

10. Zack

Zack Registered User

I am very envious my Brother. I wish that there was a lodge such as yours within 100 miles of me.

11. Jamesb

Jamesb Registered User

You could always make yours this way!

12. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

Gentlemen we have six or seven young men between 18 and 30 petitioning the lodge as I write this missive. It's contagious and it seem to be working. And, I'm noticing many young men taking the step on this, the northwest side of Houston.

Fellow "old farts," it appears that we're watching emergence of a rather remarkable generation. I wouldn't underestimate the possiblilites.

13. cacarter

cacarter Premium Member

I would say that we have a good group of guys that take part in the degree work and we can put on a great degree. We have a good group of college age guys who sit in the chairs. It's nice mix of young and old.

Share My Freemasonry