What is Freemasonry – A Response to Tim Bryce & Gr

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Squire Bentley, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Squire Bentley

Squire Bentley Premium Member

“Freemasonry does not exist in a world where brotherhood is a mere dream flying along the sky; it exists in a world of which brotherhood is the law of human life. Its function is not to bring brotherhood into existence just as a hot-house gardener may at last coax into bloom a frail flower, though the climate is most unfriendly, but to lead men to understand that brotherhood is already a reality, a law, and that it is not until we come to know it as such, and practice it, that we can ever find happiness, together. Freemasonry does not create something too fine and good for this rough world; it “reveals†something that is as much a part of the world as roughness itself. In other words, it removes the hoodwink of jealousy, hatred, unkindness, and all the other myriad forms of unbrotherliness in order that a man may see and thus come to know how good and pleasant a thing it is for brethren to dwell together in unity. The hoodwink of cloth or leather that is bound over a man’s eyes is not the real hoodwink at all, but only the symbol thereof; the real hoodwink, and it is that which Freemasonry undertakes to remove from a man’s eyes, is all that anti-social and unhuman spirit out of which grow the things that make life unkind and unhappy. “Brotherhood is heaven; the lack of brotherhood is hell.â€

http://www.freemasoninformation.com...masonry-a-response-to-tim-bryce-greg-stewart/

2. BroBook

BroBook Premium Member

Re: What is Freemasonry – A Response to Tim Bryce

Real talk!!!

Bro Book

3. brother josh

brother josh Registered User

So mote it be brothers

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

4. towerbuilder7

towerbuilder7 Moderator Premium Member

As always, that is an excellent word, My Brother!!

Share My Freemasonry