My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the languages??

lion free

Hello everyone...

What's the languages?? And why is it necessary in the science of predicting the future ?? And why can we get to know anyone with a group of letters and numbers ??

Why are letters and numbers identical despite different languages ??

and if you have what is the best sources for origin operation??

Last edited:

lion free

>Why are letters and numbers identical despite different languages

Here is probably the earliest written language that universities can translate. Native peoples may do better

iu

Also, we can understand the nature of the letters and their origin from our languages used today .. I think that a word in the English language carries the same character as the word in another language because it all represents the world of ideals I think we will not understand this except when we understand the world of ideals and the academic and sémiologie cannot provide a detailed explanation But I am still trying to research at this point in particular

Matt1

I noticed an Indian text with western numbers (sorry, I can't tell which language). They use their own letters but our numbers, because our system of numbers is so brilliant.

"Our" numbers, of course, are "Arabic numbers". They were introduced to Europeans by North Africans who invaded parts of Spain - and by many European scholars who went to Northern African universities to study math. The Arabic numbers soon replaced the Roman numbers.

The Arabic people still use the same system but they are written in a different manner - our Arabic numbers are Western Arabic, in moderan day Arabic they use Eastern Arabic numbers.

But the Arabic people do not call their numbers"Arabic" numbers, but "Indian numbers" -"arqam hindiyyah" the whole system of numbers were originally developed in India.

(please feel free to correct my facts)

Elexir

I noticed an Indian text with western numbers (sorry, I can't tell which language). They use their own letters but our numbers, because our system of numbers is so brilliant.

"Our" numbers, of course, are "Arabic numbers". They were introduced to Europeans by North Africans who invaded parts of Spain - and by many European scholars who went to Northern African universities to study math. The Arabic numbers soon replaced the Roman numbers.

The Arabic people still use the same system but they are written in a different manner - our Arabic numbers are Western Arabic, in moderan day Arabic they use Eastern Arabic numbers.

But the Arabic people do not call their numbers"Arabic" numbers, but "Indian numbers" -"arqam hindiyyah" the whole system of numbers were originally developed in India.

Well if they had it first they didnt keep our system. They kept their own. Not sure how it proves anything other then that good ideas always replace bad ideas....

lion free

Yes, and the Arab people used letters as numbers before al-khawarizmi's numbers but the Indian or Western numbers it is not important the numbers are just signs and it's same thing

Last edited:

Matt1

Well if they had it first they didnt keep our system. They kept their own. Not sure how it proves anything other then that good ideas always replace bad ideas....

My point exactly I'm not sure I quite comprehend what mr Lion was saying, but I was fascinated about the idea of the numbers going around the world and evolving on the way.

jvarnell

Premium Member
This can not be right the 600bc stuff is cuneiform from 3200bc
Just saying
>Why are letters and numbers identical despite different languages

Here is probably the earliest written language that universities can translate. Native peoples may do better

iu