My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is traveling to you?

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I have set myself a personal target of visiting all 47 lodges within the city whilst i'm still an EA and maybe also the 9 that are less than 100 kms.
There are numerous lodges withing a 30 minute drive from me so I haven't traveled any great distance to visit a lodge.

Elexir

Here, EA's are not allowed to travel unless accompanied by a MM.

You as an EA do not possess the knowledge to pass a challenge, You need a MM to vouch for you.

The second part is not universal. In Sweden for example an EA can visit other lodges without anyone vouching for that person.

dpk Shah

Premium Member
So today I went visiting and attended an initiation at an Irish Constitution Lodge. It was so very different, a very good experience for me. Today's visit bring the number of Lodges visited to 20.

Bloke

Premium Member
So today I went visiting and attended an initiation at an Irish Constitution Lodge. It was so very different, a very good experience for me. Today's visit bring the number of Lodges visited to 20.
Cool - is there many Irish Constitution Lodges there ? I would be interested in hearing more. We don't have one - the only other Const working here is the EC - they have one hold out who never joined UGLV - thank goodness - gives us a chance to see "foreign" workings - which was not doubt great at that IC Lodge..

CLewey44

I haven't read all of these but I assumed Bro. Goomba meant something along the lines of 'From the West, Traveling East'...in other words seeking more and further Masonic light? That's what it meant to me anyways.

dfreybur

Premium Member
I haven't read all of these but I assumed Bro. Goomba meant something along the lines of 'From the West, Traveling East'...in other words seeking more and further Masonic light? That's what it meant to me anyways.

Cool thing is the word can have layer after layer of meaning. Physical travel at any distance. Mental travel of learning. Spiritual travel to that destination from whose born no one returns.

dpk Shah

Premium Member
Cool - is there many Irish Constitution Lodges there ? I would be interested in hearing more. We don't have one - the only other Const working here is the EC - they have one hold out who never joined UGLV - thank goodness - gives us a chance to see "foreign" workings - which was not doubt great at that IC Lodge..

It’s the only one, though there are some similarities, mostly everything is different. I was lucky someone was sitting with me and prompted me.

dpk Shah

Premium Member

Brother saw an article Lodge at Sandringham is for sale?

Bloke

Premium Member
:)

Was just looking at more photos of Bayside ... I see they have put 5 chairs in the East. This is the same as Ringwood (also in Melb) and I've asked many people why there are 5 - no one has been able to answer me.... (you'd expect 3 - chaplain, WM and IPM). Still, the Blue room looks like its going to be a great lodge room...
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=bGdTWVhXME9rcFJZWlRkellzYVlEVFIyTklDTjln

Does anyone know the thinking as to why they would put 5 chairs in the East ?

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
In the States visiting dignitaries (GM,DDGM,WM,PGM,ect ect) are invited to sit in the East....maybe that's why
Additionally, some lodge rooms double as HRA, OES, Jobs rooms.
Yep. Two of the lodges that I belong to meet in the Commandery building. Numerous Masonic organizations meet there including Chapter, Council and Knights Templar so there are three chairs in the east.