My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Lodge is Right For Me?

bigcgsa

Good Evening all! I am considering what Lodge to Petition The Prince Hall or Regular Lodge is there an advantage either way? Thank you for your time.

MacFie

Go out and see both! I didn't petition my lodge until I had been out a few weeks. Go visit one of each, or multiples of each, and get a feel for what you like I'd say.

Bro.BruceBenjamin

Premium Member
The question is were would you feel most comfortable meaning the lodge not PHA or regular. My mother lodge is a country lodge me being from the city (Oakland, CA) it took some time to get use to this fact.

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
Sounds advice from both brothers. I would visit any lodges you are interested in petitioning. Each one will have its own culture and style. But it's important to find a lodge where you feel at home, afterall you will probably spend a good amount of time there. I know I do.

koricua74

Premium Member
Just wanted to echo all of the GREAT advice that other brothers have already given you. Visit with as many lodges as you can both "mainstream" and PHA. The lodge that makes you feel comfortable, embodies all of the qualities that you think a Mason should have, and that can teach you the most about being a Freemason either "mainstream" or PHA maybe the best lodge for you.