My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the....

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
yes, a huge problem. i wonder on what legal basis he made this decision. i'm guessing none.

Nate Riley

Premium Member
yes, a huge problem. i wonder on what legal basis he made this decision. i'm guessing none.

Seems to me that his decison had a racial basis and no a legal basis at all.

Stupid decision on the part of the DOJ.

I think small town elections would be much better without parties. In my small town as in others in TX (and probably the big towns) things get all screwed up at primary election time, because folks want to vote in the major elections for the candidate they like and have to choose a party at that time. Meanwhile they would like to support a local candidate who is running in the other party. Last year was weird because folks were switching to vote democrat to try to change the outcome with that primary election following the advice of talk radio.

The short of it is, every voter should be able to vote for any candidate in local (small town election), even in the primary.

HKTidwell

Premium Member
Seems to me that his decison had a racial basis and no a legal basis at all.

Stupid decision on the part of the DOJ.

I think small town elections would be much better without parties. In my small town as in others in TX (and probably the big towns) things get all screwed up at primary election time, because folks want to vote in the major elections for the candidate they like and have to choose a party at that time. Meanwhile they would like to support a local candidate who is running in the other party. Last year was weird because folks were switching to vote democrat to try to change the outcome with that primary election following the advice of talk radio.

The short of it is, every voter should be able to vote for any candidate in local (small town election), even in the primary.

I think we would all be better off with no parties at all. No Republicans, no democrats and on election day take the two people with the most votes and allow a run off. You realize how it would change the political scape?