What was your most interesting Masonic Moment?

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Beathard, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Beathard

Beathard Premium Member

I have two:

Most impressive moment: I was working in a Master Mason's Degree in Inner Space Caverns almost 20 years ago. Immediately after the obligation the lights were turned off in the cave. Man it is dark down there! Gave a whole new meaning to being brought from darkness to light...

Most Embarassing Moment: When I was supposed to say circumscribe the lodge and I accidently said curcimsize the lodge.

What was your most interesting Masonic Moment?

2. QPZIL

QPZIL Premium Member

Well, I do remember my most embarassing moment... for my EA degree work, I announced to a lodge full of Brothers that I was prepared by having a cameltoe tied about my neck.

3. jwardl

jwardl Registered User

[Trying to picture how that would be done exactly]

4. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I would love to share my funniest moments, however I have to do so within a Tiled environment.

I have a fairly good idea. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  5. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

when learning the work:

"and of rocks that were cut, squared, ..."

6. Dave in Waco

Dave in Waco Premium Member

I had something like that happen when I was conferring my buddy's EA. He said back to me "cameltoe" instead of cabletow. I corrected him before it registered, then thought to myself, "Did he say camletoe?" I look over at my SW who is about to die doing everything he can not to laugh out loud. Since doing that last May, he's become a legend in 3 lodges, 2 of which he's never even visited.

7. jhodgdon

jhodgdon Registered User

That's hilarious. The funniest thing I've seen so far is our Jr Deacon getting punched in the gut during a certain part of the 3rd degree. Let's just say both the Jr Deacon and the candidate weren't expecting what they got.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2011
  8. tomasball

tomasball Premium Member

I was delivering the lecture of the 18th degree in the Cathedral at San Antonio a few years back, when a light fixture dropped out of the loft and landed about four feet from me. I took a long sidestep to my left and continued.

9. Beathard

Beathard Premium Member

I think I would have to change my pants before continuing.

10. cacarter

cacarter Premium Member

I was switching my words in the Northeast part of the EA, so my 85 year old instructor gave me an easy way to remember it: "Stones get laid, people get placed. Maybe you need to get laid, but that's none of my business."

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  11. david918

david918 Premium Member

Way back when I was learning my EA work got one part of the ob reversed "never conceal and always reveal" my instructor almost fell out of his chair laughing that evening.

12. bgs942

bgs942 Premium Member

Sounds like an open mouth insert working tools moment. Thanks for sharing.

13. Beathard

Beathard Premium Member

Goatrider had an embarrassing moment tonight In the opening, when the WM told the SW to satisfy himself. Goatrider fell on the floor laughing. We might need to reconsider 18 year old masons.

14. cacarter

cacarter Premium Member

Good night. I've been laughing about that every time I've heard it. I thought I was the only one until I saw a friend that is in college too. I'll admit, for being smart, I have a juvenile sense of humor sometimes.

15. jwardl

jwardl Registered User

Oh, come on... we all think it :)

16. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

Curious?

What's goatrider's take on unlawful carnal communication?

Just curious, that's all.

17. Beathard

Beathard Premium Member

He said "bummer, I'm finally legal..."

18. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

That is TOO funny!

19. tomgndallas

tomgndallas Registered User

I seriously almost fell out of my chair on that one!!! Wahahaha!

20. Beathard

Beathard Premium Member

Just had a MM student tell me, in one of the further mores, he would not have unlawful carnal communication with a clandestine mason. Fell out of my chair...

Share My Freemasonry