My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was your most interesting Masonic Moment?

Beathard

Premium Member
I have two:

Most impressive moment: I was working in a Master Mason's Degree in Inner Space Caverns almost 20 years ago. Immediately after the obligation the lights were turned off in the cave. Man it is dark down there! Gave a whole new meaning to being brought from darkness to light...

Most Embarassing Moment: When I was supposed to say circumscribe the lodge and I accidently said curcimsize the lodge.

QPZIL

Premium Member
Well, I do remember my most embarassing moment... for my EA degree work, I announced to a lodge full of Brothers that I was prepared by having a cameltoe tied about my neck.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
I have two:

Most impressive moment: I was working in a Master Mason's Degree in Inner Space Caverns almost 20 years ago. Immediately after the obligation the lights were turned off in the cave. Man it is dark down there! Gave a whole new meaning to being brought from darkness to light...

Most Embarrassing Moment: When I was supposed to say circumscribe the lodge and I accidental said circumcise the lodge.

I would love to share my funniest moments, however I have to do so within a Tiled environment.

[Trying to picture how that would be done exactly]

I have a fairly good idea.
axe_to_grind.gif

Last edited:

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
Well, I do remember my most embarassing moment... for my EA degree work, I announced to a lodge full of Brothers that I was prepared by having a cameltoe tied about my neck.

I had something like that happen when I was conferring my buddy's EA. He said back to me "cameltoe" instead of cabletow. I corrected him before it registered, then thought to myself, "Did he say camletoe?" I look over at my SW who is about to die doing everything he can not to laugh out loud. Since doing that last May, he's become a legend in 3 lodges, 2 of which he's never even visited.

jhodgdon

QPZIL said:

That's hilarious. The funniest thing I've seen so far is our Jr Deacon getting punched in the gut during a certain part of the 3rd degree. Let's just say both the Jr Deacon and the candidate weren't expecting what they got.

Last edited by a moderator:

tomasball

Premium Member
I was delivering the lecture of the 18th degree in the Cathedral at San Antonio a few years back, when a light fixture dropped out of the loft and landed about four feet from me. I took a long sidestep to my left and continued.

cacarter

Premium Member
I was switching my words in the Northeast part of the EA, so my 85 year old instructor gave me an easy way to remember it: "Stones get laid, people get placed. Maybe you need to get laid, but that's none of my business."

Last edited:

david918

Premium Member
Way back when I was learning my EA work got one part of the ob reversed "never conceal and always reveal" my instructor almost fell out of his chair laughing that evening.

Beathard

Premium Member
Goatrider had an embarrassing moment tonight In the opening, when the WM told the SW to satisfy himself. Goatrider fell on the floor laughing. We might need to reconsider 18 year old masons.

cacarter

Premium Member
Good night. I've been laughing about that every time I've heard it. I thought I was the only one until I saw a friend that is in college too. I'll admit, for being smart, I have a juvenile sense of humor sometimes.

jwardl

Goatrider had an embarrassing moment tonight In the opening, when the WM told the SW to satisfy himself. Goatrider fell on the floor laughing. We might need to reconsider 18 year old masons.

Oh, come on... we all think it :)

jwhoff

Premium Member
Curious?

What's goatrider's take on unlawful carnal communication?

Just curious, that's all.

tomgndallas

I seriously almost fell out of my chair on that one!!! Wahahaha!

Beathard

Premium Member
Just had a MM student tell me, in one of the further mores, he would not have unlawful carnal communication with a clandestine mason. Fell out of my chair...