My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was your most interesting Masonic Moment?

davidterrell80

Past Master
Premium Member
"Interesting moments" also include those that bring you up, standing.

I was a new WM. We were in the middle of the pot luck dinner before a stated meeting. One of my brethren, sitting near me, was eating heartedly. As he finished, I commented on his good appetite and he said, "This is the best I've eaten since last stated meeting." I chuckled. He then reached across the table and placed his hand on mine; transfixing me with his eyes, he said, "Worshipful, I am on a fixed income. This... IS... the best I've eaten since last stated meeting."
My heart was in my throat. So, I squeezed his hand; I got up and got him some dessert and refilled his iced tea. His "thank you" was humbling...
Later, I met with the officers and we covenanted that we would make sure all who came would be fed a decent meal.
That covenant is still honored in my Lodge.

D

Beathard

Premium Member
Goatrider passed his MM exam tonight,but said something that had most of the lodge chuckling. I could not do the grip and word portion because my voice was gone after surgery. The WM offered. My son did great until he was supposed to ask the WM to place himself in position. Goatrider instead said he would if the WM would assume the position.