My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what's the ultimate goal here?

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
I've been watching this technology for years, and read everything from consumer reports like the latest one here:

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews.php?/input_devices/ocz_neural_impulse_actuator_nia_-_the_log/1

to the most scientific, peer-reviewed journal on neurology...

long story short here is this: what's the goal?

do we really want to get to the point where we have a computer read our mind and execute the command? Wall-E comes to mind here... hopefully he doesn't magically appear.

That leads to other questions: Is that the next step? To progress as a species, is that what we have to go through to overcome our natural limitations?

Perhaps we could live our lives in front of a screen, or even perhaps the screen will be injected into our heads, and we won't ever have to move. Where does this technology lead and do we want to go there?

Perhaps I don't, but perhaps the person in 500 years that wants to explore other stars has to....

Either way, a cool technology that is finally coming to release. I don't imagine I'll be getting one, but it'd be neat to spend some time with it.