When you did your Pro for the EA, FC, MM did you do the Q&A or just the Answers?

Discussion in 'The Voting Booth' started by daopqc, Mar 21, 2009.

?

When you did your Pro for the EA, FC, MM did you do the Q&A or just the Answers?

Poll closed Mar 26, 2009.
  1. Q&A

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. Just Answers

13 vote(s)
    61.9%
  1. daopqc

daopqc Registered User

I was told not alot of brothers learn the Q&A and not just the Answers. I was wondering how many brothers really take the time to learn the Q&A, because it was alot of work. Thank you brothers.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  2. C. B. Barbee

C. B. Barbee Guest

It just seemed easier for me to only learn the answers because sometime I have a problem with remembering things in sequential order. By someone asking me the questions, It was harder for me to jump out of place.

However, now that I tutor my friends in their degrees, I wish I had learned it all in one shot. It's a Catch-22, get it over quick or do it right.

3. Bro Mike

Bro Mike Registered User

Same here. I wish I had learned both. I would like to help the newer EAs and FCs, but I am having to get the the questions down now.

4. eagle1966

eagle1966 Guest

when you get your certifcate C,B and A you have to know both questions and answers for all three degrees

5. TCShelton

TCShelton Founding Member Premium Member

6. rhitland

rhitland Founding Member Premium Member

I only gave back the answers but it was easier for me to memorize with the questions, it seemed to flow better like a song with the questions in it, granted I did not have to give back all 3 sections when I went through.

7. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

My Lodge requires both Questions & Answers. The amazing benefit is that I was teaching an EA as I was learning my FC, LOL!

8. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

I did both for the FC, and just the answers for the others.

My teacher had a quad bypass in the middle of the whole process, kind of messed things up for a bit.

9. jonesvilletexas

jonesvilletexas Premium Member

10. Joey

Joey Co-Founder Staff Member

I learned them both but, only gave back the answers.

11. Scotty32

Scotty32 Registered User

I wish I had learned them both. Now I am training an EA and I have a hard time remembering questions.

12. TCShelton

TCShelton Founding Member Premium Member

That's what I meant to say...

13. daopqc

daopqc Registered User

kool i put this poll up because I was curiouse. I did the Q&A for the the EA, FC, MM and I fell I got more out of it then just the answers. But it is diffrent for everybody. thank you brothern and I hope more brother take the poll.

14. JEbeling

JEbeling Guest

I was such a bundle of nurves... ! only did answers.. !

15. jwardl

jwardl Guest

Just answers for me.. originally thought it would be easier, though I learned most questions anyway through repetition. Once done with the EA, I could see I wanted to teach, and made it a point to become proficientin the questions of the previous degree as well.

Teaching is a blast, and benefits everyone.

16. JEbeling

JEbeling Guest

There are no two alike.. ! have done this for a lot of years.. ! in most cases the major problem is getting them to Listen.. ! and not hear what they want to hear.. !

17. Texas_Justice85

Texas_Justice85 Registered User

I couldve done the questions too but only did the answers so my mentor could feel needed :D

But I am cleaning it up and learning the floorwork so I can get a Cert

18. skicat1898

skicat1898 Guest

Did Q&A in all three degrees. I wanted to examine myself because I was afraid that if I allowed someone else to ask me the questions, the slightest slip up on their part would trip me up.... I should have been more trusting and have learned to be so since.

19. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

only had to learn the answers wish i would have learned both when i was going through because now i am working on getting a my c certf. and it would have made life easier!

20. Hippie19950

Hippie19950 Premium Member

My Instructor wanted me to learn both so I could teach others. It was longer, and a bit harder, but well worth the effort. Now if I can't sleep at night, I go over the work, until I doze off or get all the way through it. I asked and answered the qiestions, but was offered help if I got stuck. in my MM, I studied 9 hours, before giving it. The last question I could not get the answer out right, and Brother Joe said something to the effect of "Dog gone it Hippie, that's not the way I have it, but you've said it three times, so you must be right!" I got it on the fourth try.... My shirt was soaked, and that seemed to be the hardest session.

Share My Freemasonry