Where are they now?

Discussion in 'Fun and Notables' started by RJS, Feb 11, 2009.

1. RJS

RJS Guest

2. KD5NM

KD5NM Registered User

It's still a little early in the game to be making predictions but I think she may surprise a lot of people and do a pretty good job. I don't think she will be the "Yes Man/Girl) that Condi was. Just my humble opinion.

3. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

well history repeats is self. Back in 1824 J.Q. Adams, Andrew Jackson and Henry Clay were in a 3 way race for President winner to be determined by the House of Reps. because no one go the majority of votes needed to win. Adams and Clay made a deal for Clay to drop out throw his support for Adams. After Adams beat Jackson, Clay was name Sect. of State... sound familar??? 4 years later Jackson soundly defeated Adams and became President

4. RJS

RJS Guest

Nice history lesson! I didn't know that. Wasn't JQ Adams in the Anti-Masonic Party?

5. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

No matter how you feel about Obama, he's a brilliant politician. It reminds me of the old saying "Keep your friends close, your enemies closer".

6. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

I think what bothers me the most is he can't look or doesnt look at the camera when he talks...I dont know why that bothers but it does

7. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

I don't think Adams was part of the Anti-Masonic Party. Jackson was a Mason and was known to "promote" it. The Anti-masonic party in 1828 tried to get Henry Clay (another Brother) to denounce the Order and run on the Anti-masonic party ticket which he refused to do. The anti-masonic party actually was the first party to start holding political conventions which the other parties stated having after they saw how effective they were.

8. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

The reason he never looks at the camera is because everything he says is scripted. The teleprompters are always on either side of him so he's constantly going left right. Yeah, it annoys me too.

9. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

yea but the teleprompters are sit up that if he looked straight ahead he should be about to see it our of his perifial (sp?) vision... but you are right they are scripted..very well scripted matter of fact.

10. Wingnut

Wingnut Premium Member

or is it because he wont make eye contact for fear people will see through him? :|

11. gortex6

gortex6 Guest

I am going to take my tax return money and buy myself a new gun.... and maybe another bible for good measure.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009

Share My Freemasonry