My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which appendant bodies do you belong to?

jwhoff

Premium Member
Which of these appendant bodies do you also have membership in? Do you see any conflict in any of the vows you took along the way?

York Rite

Scottish Rite

Shrine

Grotto

Last edited:

Benton

Premium Member
None currently, but joining the local York Rite at the end of this month! Very excited. :)

Beathard

Premium Member
Scottish Rite
York Rite
Shrine
Eastern Star
Lodge of Research
Wish there was a Grotto nearby.

RichardRLJ

Premium Member
York Rite
Scottish Rite
Shrine
Eastern Star
Red Cross of Constantine
York Rite College
Holy Royal Arch Knight Templar Priest

jwhoff

Premium Member
My first cousin was. I heard it in a discussion among members of the family who were masons at an uncle's funeral years ago. I had no idea that an invitation was being offered to me there. Six little words would have started my journey.

By the time I acted, my cousin had passed away. Also, the month I became a mason, I learned that four of the older men who had been close to me also passed away. So many questions, so many regrets ...

cemab4y

Premium Member
I belong to Alexandria, VA scottish rite bodies (southern jurisdiction). I am an inactive Shriner, I intend to re-join, when I finish my overseas committments.

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
Just Scottish Rite for me so far. I've been asked to be an Advisor for DeMoley and I've been hinted at for York Rite and Shriners, I just don't have the time right now. So hopefully in my future I will find the time to be able to devote to those.

cemab4y

Premium Member
I took the class, to become a DeMolay advisor. I had to drop out, when I was sent to Iraq. When I finish my overseas work, I would like to serve as an adult advisor. It may be some time, before I can. I would encourage any MM, who wants to work with young men, to consider serving as a DeMolay advisor. If there is no chapter in your area, organize one.

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
Well, I'm honored to say that last Thursday, prior to Boise York Rite meeting, the Eminent Commander asked to talk with me in private. He informed me that I have been invited to join the St. Michael Conclave of the Red Cross of Constantine (RCC). For those who don't know, the RCC is an invitational, honorary group that requires one to be a Royal Arch Mason and Christian. There is a membership limit as well.

I will go through the initiatory ceremony at the end of May (a very busy month).

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Just the Scottish Rite so far. I wish the finances would allow me the York Rite also. It will have to wait until a better time. It isn't like I am pressed for time anyway.

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
I'm in York Rite, really wish I had waited until I completed going through the chairs though.
I joined the York Rite when I was Sr. Warden, but didn't get active until the end of my term as Worshipful Master.