My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which ring do you like ??

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
Debating on witch ring to buy I'm definitely going to get the 14th degree one and substitute it for my wedding band as for the other should I go with the traditional double headed eagle or the outside the box scull and crossbones don't see many of them what say ye brothers???
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1472164535.865332.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1472164549.047904.jpg
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1472164558.731754.jpg

Bloke

Premium Member
The double headed Eagle might make a better family heirloom ? But by the same token, the skull and cross bones might be good if a decedent only joined the Craft... but I guess you are buying them for your to wear and it depends on who the audience is (you, others etc) - the 32 degree certainly tells folk something at a glance..

dfreybur

Premium Member
I try to think of my ring from both perspectives - What it means to me and what it means to others. As an SR Mason both have a lot of meaning to me. But only a small number of the people I encounter know the Memento Mori is a Masonic symbol. Most people I encounter know the double headed eagle is a Masonic symbol. This is why I recommend #3 for general use.

The Traveling Man

I like that ring.. I plan to get the 14th degree ring and the 32nd degree ring. I have plenty of Blue Lodge jewelry (rings, pins, bracelet, watches, pocket watch, earrings) but only have 2 Scottish Rite pins, my Valley pin and a 14th degree pin I bought.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Personally, I have ring #2 out of the 3 presented above. I like it for my own personal reasons but do have to explain the imagery a bit to outsiders, and I tend to associate that design more with York Rite. Specifically pertaining to the further degrees of Scottish Rite (4-32) and precisely the 32nd, the double headed eagle (wings up) would be my preference because it is almost as recognizable as the Square and Compasses outside of our Fraternity.

The reality... I'd buy all 3!