My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why did you become a Freemason?

The SERVICE

I joined after I finally found the guts to ask a Mason about the fraternity and found that they represent the same values I have. I am deeply honored to be a part of the brotherhood. :)

My Freemasonry HD

Rob427W

As a newly minted Mason of only two weeks, my motivation was that after many years of seeing such tremendous gentlemen in my community, I wanted to be a part of that.

It took me about 6 years to finally petition, but here I am.

My Freemasonry HD

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
As a newly minted Mason of only two weeks, my motivation was that after many years of seeing such tremendous gentlemen in my community, I wanted to be a part of that.

My Freemasonry HD
sort of the same story here.

Freemasonry is different for every person. Once you make master mason, never give up trying to learn. Throwing a decal on your car and wearing a ring does not make you a master mason.

Masonry isn't just about learning about the fraternity's past. It is about being open minded to every subject out there. Being able to stretch yourself past your comfort zone in any and every aspect of your life.

Be somebody in life. I'm not saying to go out and become the mayor/governor/president and fix the world but be someone who is that person you used to look up to as a person growing up. Someone your children, nieces/nephews and friends would be proud to know and call a friend/family member.

Last edited:

mrm113

I'm seeking to become a freemason because I am a new me. I feel I can always be better.

If you are aiming to become a mason you should check out your local lodges. i would advise you to check out different lodges and the one you feel comfortable in, should be the one you should grow in. The brothers in lodge will be friendly and help and guide you along the way. the best thing is to do is ask questions; never be scared to ask questions, especially amongst fellow masons.
i wish you well on your journey

My Freemasonry HD

FlBrother324

My Freemasonry HD

Welcome Brother,
It will definitely be a pleasant journey. Your passion and knowledge for the Craft will grow, so long as your desire to seek your path to Light is unending.
May you be Blessed with all the Light you reach for.

Yours, in His service

My Freemasonry

scw538

First step is always the hardest. I remember seeing the lodge sign in my hometown and asking my father about it. He told me most of family were masons. Years later will serving the national guard my section chief showed me his ring after he was raised. I never forgot it b/c if he was a mason and my family members were I wanted to be. One day it just hit me I wanted to become a Mason. I made a call home and talked to a friend of the family who was excited. He called the town I lived in and told them I wanted a petition. Two days later I got a call at work and next thing I knew I had a PGM in private office. A month or so after I revcd my EA. Once I was brought into that room I knew my life would never be the same. I thank the Good Lord Above that I found Masonry or it found me.

My Freemasonry

masonicknight

My first contact with Freemasonry was at a cousins funeral. The service was simple and had a definite beauty about it. A few years later I started looking for something to join and be active in. I remembered the Masonic Lodge I had been to and found a few friends who belonged and I asked for the petition. It has been an interesting 27 years. The most important part is that the brothers were there for me when I needed them the most during a very stressful time in my life. They did what they promised to do and I have tried to carry out in my every day life that very lesson that they taught me by their acceptance of me and the strength they gave me.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Freemasonry is different for every person. Once you make master mason, never give up trying to learn.
Agreed. I was raised in August of last year. Six months later I joined the York Rite. Two weeks ago I went through the Scottish Rite at a Reunion. I study everything that I can get my hands on including lectures and pester long time Masons with questions.