Women allowed to join the fraternity?

Discussion in 'Becoming a Prince Hall Freemason' started by QueenAma, Apr 10, 2016.

1. QueenAma

QueenAma Registered User

Hello Brothers and Masters,

I write from Ghana, a female young woman who have interest in joining the fraternity. I would like to know if women are allowed to join. Also, could anyone humbly assist me with locations of lodges in my country please?

Thank you.

2. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

There are versions of Freemasonry that are open to females. Male-craft Freemasonry is not open to female membership.

Levelhead likes this.
  3. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

No...I could see her at a raising....trying to ride that goat with a skirt on....SMDH

JanneProeliator likes this.
  4. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Indeed. I have no idea if Co-Freemasonry or Le Droit Humain or others like Aramanth or Easter Star are in your country.

According to Wikipedia Le Droit is not in Ghana
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Droit_Humain

Noelflantier and coachn like this.
  5. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

The nearest organization of female-only Masonry would seem to be mainland Europe, though flights to New York City might be no harder. Not close.

Because our orders are male only we don't keep close track of female-only or mixed-gender jurisdictions. They are tiny.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  6. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

They are cool though :) In the above - you're talking Honourable Order of Freemasons in England ? No, you said mainland...hmmm... Which one Dfrey ?

7. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Relative to Ghana the nearest lodges that take women, in raw distance, is mainland Europe.

Relative to Ghana the nearest lodges that take women, in number of airplane hops, is a list of large cities with major hub airports (and very tiny lodges) that include mainland Europe, UK, a couple of the largest US cities.

As we don't keep close track of jurisdictions that take women, I leave that as an exercise to any woman who comes to this forum. Google is their friend.

Warrior1256 and Ripcord22A like this.
  8. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

Bill Lins likes this.
  9. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Do you know you’re bumping years old posts?

Warrior1256 and coachn like this.
  10. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

I don't know if he is doing it deliberately or not but I have revived old posts when it was a topic that interested me. I believe that you even commented on it once years ago Brother Glen, lol.

11. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Indeed, but you stated around to talk.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  12. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

True.

Share My Freemasonry