My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Women Freemasons

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
How is it possible that other Masonic bodies support women in Freemasonry or choose to co-exist? Are they not bound to the same obligation we took?

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
No.

Co-Masonry is most certainly a clandestined group, I would say even more so than those Brothers who are of PHA affiliation. Our PHA Brethren also view Co-Masonry as clandestined. It is a completely "modified" version of freemasonry than the Regular version (A.F. & A.M. or F. & A.M.). We do have a version of co-masonry within the body of O.E.S.

Also note that Co-Masonry discussion can become quite "heated" on message board sites. Though I do not expect it to ever become that way here, its good to be prepared.

cmoreno85tx

No.

Co-Masonry is most certainly a clandestined group, I would say even more so than those Brothers who are of PHA affiliation. Our PHA Brethren also view Co-Masonry as clandestined. It is a completely "modified" version of freemasonry than the Regular version (A.F. & A.M. or F. & A.M.). We do have a version of co-masonry within the body of O.E.S.

Also note that Co-Masonry discussion can become quite "heated" on message board sites. Though I do not expect it to ever become that way here, its good to be prepared.

I dont see how they can call themselves Masons if they don't take the same Obligation we do. Thats like a cricket player calling himself a baseball player.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
I dont see how they can call themselves Masons if they don't take the same Obligation we do. Thats like a cricket player calling himself a baseball player.

I agree with you and believe that is the whole point of the "discussions" held at other Masonicly based sites. "They" believe that Co-Masonry is just as legit as the Ancient form... without dispute.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
call yourself what you will, just do right by the Lord and I could care less. This world has enough to worry about.

J

jwardl

I see Co-Masonry as clandestine as well -- but they are "masonic" in most ways, and though I can't and won't think of a co-mason as a brother -- I do believe the members are better people in themselves for practicing any of our precepts.

Joey

Co-Founder
Staff Member
I see Co-Masonry as clandestine as well -- but they are "masonic" in most ways, and though I can't and won't think of a co-mason as a brother -- I do believe the members are better people in themselves for practicing any of our precepts.

I agree with you to a point. I have several friends that are Prince Hall Masons. Even though we can't discuss Lodge business or the esoteric work with each other.... They are STILL and always be Masons.

J

JEbeling

hehehe.. ! you have never been to an Eastern Star meeting..? Co-exist..?

Wingnut

Premium Member
Prince Hall is Recognized there for they are not clandestine. Any group can call itself whatever it wants. Co-Masonry might as well call itself the Royal Order of the Water Buffalo.