My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Working tools

David612

I’m pretty excited, I get to deliver the third working tools next week which will mean I have delivered all the working tool charges in open lodge.
There also seems to be some unwritten rules locally about who delivers which charge so I’ll have to see what I can do in that arena however.

Keith C

I really need to get out to some other Jurisdictions and see how things are done! In PA no one does the Working Tools portion of the Degree except the WM conferring the Degree. It kind of blows my mind to think of this being done by some seemingly random Brother from the sidelines!

David612

I really need to get out to some other Jurisdictions and see how things are done! In PA no one does the Working Tools portion of the Degree except the WM conferring the Degree. It kind of blows my mind to think of this being done by some seemingly random Brother from the sidelines!
Our degrees are structured in very different ways- locally the WM can distribute a lot of the work, except testing the candidate, administering the Ob and communicating the secrets.
We have several distinct sections NE charge, modes of prep, working tools and charge after the NE are all available to be delivered by a MM that way the master and wardens can oversee the work.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Our degrees are structured in very different ways- locally the WM can distribute a lot of the work, except testing the candidate, administering the Ob and communicating the secrets.
Same here.
I really need to get out to some other Jurisdictions and see how things are done!
I know from post with you over the years that PA does many things very differently from most jurisdictions. Hopefully, one day I will get to visit a PA lodge in person as it sounds great.