Working tools

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by David612, Nov 1, 2019.

1. David612

David612 Registered User

I’m pretty excited, I get to deliver the third working tools next week which will mean I have delivered all the working tool charges in open lodge.
    There also seems to be some unwritten rules locally about who delivers which charge so I’ll have to see what I can do in that arena however.

Bloke and Bill Lins like this.
  2. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Congratulations Brother, I'm sure that you will do a great job.

3. David612

David612 Registered User

Thanks very much, I was asked on rather short notice but I think I will do a good job for our brother.

Bloke and Warrior1256 like this.
  4. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

I really need to get out to some other Jurisdictions and see how things are done! In PA no one does the Working Tools portion of the Degree except the WM conferring the Degree. It kind of blows my mind to think of this being done by some seemingly random Brother from the sidelines!

Warrior1256 likes this.
  5. David612

David612 Registered User

Our degrees are structured in very different ways- locally the WM can distribute a lot of the work, except testing the candidate, administering the Ob and communicating the secrets.
    We have several distinct sections NE charge, modes of prep, working tools and charge after the NE are all available to be delivered by a MM that way the master and wardens can oversee the work.

6. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Same here.
    I know from post with you over the years that PA does many things very differently from most jurisdictions. Hopefully, one day I will get to visit a PA lodge in person as it sounds great.

Share My Freemasonry