My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you purchase a Texas Freemason License Plate?

Would you buy a Masonic license plate for $30?

• Yes

Votes: 202 92.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 7.3%

• Total voters

lhemus

Re: Absolutely!

For those concerned about "security" -- a way to be certain only legitimate masons have access to the plate, it appears that can be written into the proposal and the state will take reasonable precautions if asked (perhaps asking for a dues card?). However, I say, so what? It's unlikely non-masons will pay the extra money for a plate, and if they do... the more the better! We're already unable to prevent others from using the S&C or other masonic symbols, so what difference does it make?

I'm just curious about something that you stated. Who else is using masonic symbols, and which ones are they using? I had no idea...

owls84

Premium Member

I'm just curious about something that you stated. Who else is using masonic symbols, and which ones are they using? I had no idea...

Well there are "irregular" Lodges in Texas. I personally have heard a number of over 10. I personally have met one person that was not Grand Lodge of Texas AF&AM or Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas F&AM but considered himself to be a Mason in Texas.

jwardl

Wasn't implying that anyone actually WAS using our symbols, just that we have no force of law that prevents any "Joe Blow" from declaring himself (or even herself) a Mason, and using one or all of our symbols in any way they choose. Fortunately, most people do the right thing most of the time, so we don't have a big problem with it and probably never will. That said, owls84 is right -- there are clandestine lodges out there.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I've been told the Grand Lodge has begun the process of getting Masonic license plates! Kudos to all for spreading the word!

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
I've been told the Grand Lodge has begun the process of getting Masonic license plates! Kudos to all for spreading the word!

Does this mean there will be a resolution this year or do I just need to waltz down the street and see Bro. Raywood?

owls84

Premium Member
Excuse my ignorance, but why would there need to be legislation on this? Could this not be considered just like a snazzy bolo tie? Why can't GL just pull the trigger on this?

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
Excuse my ignorance, but why would there need to be legislation on this? Could this not be considered just like a snazzy bolo tie? Why can't GL just pull the trigger on this?

If fees are going back to GL in some way, I believe there would need to be legislation as to how those are taken care.

HKTidwell

Premium Member
Let me get this straight 103K memberships are out there. Expected 90K actual members when plural memberships are excluded. So 50K members decided to get a single plate for one of their cars. That is 1 million in revenue. Why do we have a budget problem?

nick1368

when is this going to happen.....
smiley-fingertap-gigi.gif