Yellow Dog Degree

Discussion in 'Building Fraternal Relations' started by KevinPierce, Feb 26, 2018.

1. KevinPierce

KevinPierce Registered User

Anyone heard of this side degree? I've seen people talk about it in Indiana bit I can't find any information on it. I'm trying to think of ways to get attendence up in Lodge. I thought conferring fun side degrees would help.

Any other side degrees anyone know would be awesome too.! s-l400.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using My Freemasonry mobile app

2. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

I've heard on it but do not know the particulars or it or seen it performed.

3. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

I happen to be a yellow dog. I received it at Grand Lodge session a few years ago. It was short, quick and fun. Mostly a fundraiser for the widows and orphans fund. I think it cost $5.00 back when I got it. As far as any written ritual, I'm not sure it exists.

4. KevinPierce

KevinPierce Registered User

Thanks for the info. I will contact my Grand Lodge and see if they know anything about it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using My Freemasonry mobile app

5. Companion Joe

Companion Joe Premium Member

Many brothers in my state have taken it, but I've never been around when it has been conferred. I am a member of the Masonic Order of the Four Black Llamas. You can get it on the Sunday night of the York Rite Summer Assembly in Maggie Valley, N.C.

6. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

JD Crockett and Tommy Foster have mentioned this 'Order of the Four Black Llamas". It is certainly steeped in mystery. One day I'll get to Maggie Valley. I missed Grand Lodge this year due to some medical issues.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  7. Companion Joe

Companion Joe Premium Member

I was wondering where you were when I didn't bump into you. I hope things are better now.

The Four Black Llamas is an order based on actual events. That's all I can say.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  8. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

I haven't heard of this.

9. chrmc

chrmc Registered User

Smart move, and check if side degrees are legal. I'm pretty sure they are not permitted in Texas if conferred as a degree.

Bro. Stewart P.M. likes this.
  10. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Are the Four Black Llamas only found in Tenn. or other states ?

(and I note your PGM is a member http://www.grandlodge-tn.org/main/GLTN-page.asp?p=25&ID=263 )

11. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

12. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

very good cause...

Share My Freemasonry