My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young County Masonic Lodge Presents 2011 Community Builders Award

The Community Builders Award, presented by the Grand Lodge of Texas and Young County Masonic Lodge #485, is the highest award that can be presented to an individual or group outside of the Masonic Fraternity. The award is designed to recognize non-Masons for outstanding contributions in time and effort in the promotion and support of their community as well as community development.

For 2011 Young County Masonic Lodge is proud to recognize L. D. Marsh as the 2011 Community Builder Award Winner. L.D. has been instrumental in the success of the Young County Masonic Scholarship Auction since its’ inception in 2007; but, that is only the beginning. Since 1990 L.D. and the Marsh Auctions Company have been providing auction services throughout Young County for numerous fund raising activities. Turning Point, Eliasville Fire Department, Loving Community, St. Judes, as well as numerous Family Crisis Auctions are but just a few of the auctions conducted by L.D. to assist in raising funds for worthy causes in Young County. It is estimated that L.D. and Marsh Auctions has sold well over $1 million dollars of merchandise for charitable causes in the area.

In accepting the 2011 Community Builders Award, L.D. said, “It has always been about the people and the community. Especially where young people are involved, I like being able to help where I can.”

In attached photo:
L.D. Marsh, James (Bear) Jones, Master of Young County Lodge #485, and Sherman Marsh, Member of Young County Lodge #485 and son of L.D.

read more

More...