My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st trip to a lodge, Fairfield#103

THemenway

I'm not new to this site, I've been here since May. I hope this is the right forum for this post.
I had recently made inquiry about the local lodge where I live and have met a few local Masons. A couple of weeks ago, I was invited to the installation of new officers today.
I have been pretty excited for the last two weeks and that really isn't normal for me. I pulled up to the lodge and actually had butterflies in my stomach.
When I walked into the lodge, I was met by smiling faces that were all very welcoming. People really went out of their way to make me feel welcome.
The ceremony was nice and the whole time I kept thinking that I couldn't believe I was finally sitting inside a Masonic Lodge. It really felt good to be somewhere that I have really wanted to be for many years.
Dinner and fellowship after the ceremony were without comparison. People were thanking me for coming but I let them know that I must thank them for letting me have this experience.
I didn't intend on getting a petition just yet, but after such a welcoming, I requested one as I was leaving.
I walked out of there feeling like I had the winning lotto ticket in my hand!
I have a couple of previous obligations to take care of, then I should be able to turn in my petition by September.
I am looking for forward to many more experiences in that lodge. I am also looking forward to calling those men, that were so welcoming to a stranger today, my brothers.

Bro.BruceBenjamin

Premium Member
I'm glad you enjoyed your first experience. The first thing I want to tell you is to have patience and take in all that you can. Welcome again and good luck.