My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Wonderful Exaltation (RAM)

MaineMason

I had posted in a couple of other threads that 6 of us were supposed to be exalted to the degree of Royal Arch Mason last Saturday in a quarry, something that had been a long tradition at the Chapter associated with my Blue Lodge. Sadly, we had October weather in September (oddly, it's warmer now though still windy) and ended up having to do it indoors at the Lodge. With an inspection, no less!

Well, it mattered not (though our HP who is also our WM in Blue Lodge was plenty ticked off about it!) and was a wonderful experience bookended by a fish chowder lunch and a steak dinner and the degree was well attended. I've been told that the RA degree is one of the longest degrees in all of the appendent bodies though having done a one-day course in SR previously I can say it may have been long but it was also what some say about it: the most beautiful degree in Freemasonry. At least what I've seen so far (our HP/WM says "stick around in SR and work your ass off, you might see the 33rd someday and THAT is something!").

Regardless of the weather and change of plans, I found it highly moving and furthermore, elucidating. While for personal reasons (which you are free to inquire about) I am not likely to join Commandery, I am looking forward to Cryptic Masonry in the York Rite, and being active in Chapter and continuing my involvement in SR and my focus on working the chairs in Blue Lodge.

My Brothers and, now, Companions, are the absolute best.

MaineMason

Congratulations! I'll be doing this next month.
I see you are in Kentucky. I had to move around some framed stuff in my office: I had to move my Kentucky Colonel certificate so I could get my Masonic ones on one wall. Still in my office, and proud to be a Kentucky Colonel--though there are more Colonels than Masons, I suspect.