My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About Freemasonry

MeCorby

Hi,

From your experience, what would you say is most interesting about being a Mason ? Which part of Masonry is most challenging ? What is the biggest advantage/disadvantage ? And finally why did you join fraternity ?

Looking forward to all answers

Bloke

Premium Member
Deafening crickets !

I'll respond...

From your experience, what would you say is most interesting about being a Mason ?
The ritual and the history associated with the organisation

Which part of Masonry is most challenging ?
Time - I'm involved in a lot of things, but only because I choose to be.... I'm also a central member in both lodges I am a member of...
I am also involved in saving two masonic buildings, that's a big challenge..

What is the biggest advantage?
The friends I've made. You meet a great class of bloke (and their partners) and the lodges draws men of good character is like no other group I know.

What is the biggest disadvantage ?
Hmm... can't really think of one..

And finally why did you join fraternity ?
i did a good turn for a Freemason who I was volunteering with and he kept at me to join.. so I asked around and two people asked me why I was asking about Freemasonry and I said a friend said I should join it, both looked me in the eye and said "I do too". I respected these three men very much and promised myself if I ever saw anything in the ceremony I did not like I would walk. I've been a member for about 13 years now, one of the best decisions I've made.

MeCorby

Deafening crickets !

I'll respond...

From your experience, what would you say is most interesting about being a Mason ?
The ritual and the history associated with the organisation

Which part of Masonry is most challenging ?
Time - I'm involved in a lot of things, but only because I choose to be.... I'm also a central member in both lodges I am a member of...
I am also involved in saving two masonic buildings, that's a big challenge..

What is the biggest advantage?
The friends I've made. You meet a great class of bloke (and their partners) and the lodges draws men of good character is like no other group I know.

What is the biggest disadvantage ?
Hmm... can't really think of one..

And finally why did you join fraternity ?
i did a good turn for a Freemason who I was volunteering with and he kept at me to join.. so I asked around and two people asked me why I was asking about Freemasonry and I said a friend said I should join it, both looked me in the eye and said "I do too". I respected these three men very much and promised myself if I ever saw anything in the ceremony I did not like I would walk. I've been a member for about 13 years now, one of the best decisions I've made.
Thank you ever so much for your answer. It is massive help to know people are happy within the organisation. As I said, ive been reading about freemasonry a lot in last few months and it sounds really interesting and the fact there's a lot of mistery which comes with it (the unknown) I cant wait until I finally become a "brother" :)

Bloke

Premium Member
Thank you ever so much for your answer. It is massive help to know people are happy within the organisation. As I said, ive been reading about freemasonry a lot in last few months and it sounds really interesting and the fact there's a lot of mistery which comes with it (the unknown) I cant wait until I finally become a "brother" :)

Everything at the right moment. Freemasonry came to me, or I came to it, just at the perfect time of my life..

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
As I am a relatively new MM, having been raised less that two years ago, everything is still new and exciting. I'm retired and have a lot of free time on my hands so I have jumped in with both feet.