Age Requirement for North Carolina?

Discussion in 'Becoming a Freemason' started by Kayden, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Kayden

Kayden Registered User

Hello once again everyone,
    After doing a bit of research on Freemasonry further, I've seen some mixed answers on age requirements between states, and for some odd reason the North Carolina Grand Lodge has nothing stated on age, nor does my local Lodge Matthew's Masonic Lodge #461. My assumption is that it's likely 18 or 21, however I just wanted to make sure I was right on that, as you never know.
    Thank you in advance!

2. Symthrell

Symthrell Registered User

I am pretty certain in NC it is 21 unless they recently changed it. I know Georgia just dropped it to 18. I just saw onExcelsior Lodge 261 of Charlotte NC website it states 18 to petition. So it might be best to contact your potential lodge to find out for certain.

3. Kayden

Kayden Registered User

I would likely assume it is 18 then, the only reason I'm not emailing the Lodge is due to the fact I don't want to give a idea that I'm seeking petition just yet, if I am able to do so; I'm still researching for the most part.

4. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

5. Kenneth NC Mason

Kenneth NC Mason Registered User

The age requirement under Grand Lodge of North Carolina AF&AM is 18. It used to be 21. I’m 80% sure it’s 18 for Prince Hall North Carolina as well.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Phil P and dfreybur like this.
  6. Phil P

Phil P Registered User

Hey, it's good to see another Senior DeMolay on here!!!!!

Kenneth NC Mason likes this.
  7. Kenneth NC Mason

Kenneth NC Mason Registered User

Likewise ! Unfortunately I got the degrees a year before I aged out , but I plan on giving back by becoming a chapter advisor :)

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Phil P likes this.
  8. Phil P

Phil P Registered User

Outstanding!!!!!

Share My Freemasonry