My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anti-Freemasonry on Travel Channel

crono782

Premium Member
Watched the show America Declassified last night. Given, this show is ALL about conspiracy theory so it's no surprise that there is some guy espousing Anti-Freemasonry in the episode. Still, it's a bit disappointing to see Travel Channel going the way of History Channel. Maybe it's been that way for a while, I don't watch it much. Just caught this by accident last night. I've uploaded the clip to youtube and linked it here. Oddly, it isn't mentioned for the entire rest of the episode. Kinda like the producers just wanted to slip that in to generate some hype at the beginning.

[video=youtube;zHUUHDGniAE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHUUHDGniAE[/video]

LastKingSha174

So that guy is mad that Masons funded his way to travel far distances? I'm sorry we're so evil. Would you like to stay in your town and never go anywhere? Lmao (extreme sarcasm)

My Freemasonry

crono782

Premium Member
Oddly enough it doesn't say that Masons funded the airport. Just that there is a standard "cap"/cornerstone naming the funding group and usual names of the masons who laid it looks like. Freemasonry involvement beyond that is a gross assumption on his part. (By the show's own admittance, the full funding paper trail is not known).

My Freemasonry

Last edited:

LastKingSha174

Wow maybe I caught the miscommunication between his assumption and insinuating lol and I can't really buy into anyone's bull who speaks highly or poorly about something until I do my own research. People's opinions are usually highly opinionated (redundancy intended) the problem is that if they show those kinds of things on channels with such high regard such as History Channel and Travel Channel then the majority of people will take it at face value as fact.

My Freemasonry

dfreybur

Premium Member
Just that there is a standard "cap"/cornerstone naming the funding group and usual names of the masons who laid it looks like. Freemasonry involvement beyond that is a gross assumption on his part. (By the show's own admittance, the full funding paper trail is not known).

My wife and I laughed about that as we watched the episode. Laying a cornerstone is cheap long term PR. Some brother often donates the stone. Some brother often carves the thing for free. There's a press appearance for the ceremony. It puts the S&C out in public where it will last at least years often decades.

Funding an airport? We often can't even afford to maintain our own buildings.

I love the part about "New World Order" because it's from the dollar bill not any Masonic source plus it gets the meanings wrong in a deceitful manner. It proves the speaker dishonest or insane or foolish enough to be duped by the dishonest or insane. New Order for the Ages means the committee hoped the US would last as long as Rome. Plus with was written in a time when Latin literacy was expected so people would recognize that it sounds similar to new secular order but doesn't actually mean that, so it makes it easy to tell the educated from the uneducated. Except that Latin literacy is no longer common. The deceitful part is using the word world then not pointing out it means secular as in not run by the church. A country not run by the church? That may have been radical two centuries ago but it is now the norm in western civilization plus a large fraction of the rest of the world.

nfasson

They also talked about this on a show called America Unearthed, which aired on the History Channel. The host was trying to make a connection between the Georgia Guidestones, Denver Airport, New World Order and of course, the Masons. It was just a sad little piece of pseudo-journalism.

The host was talking to the PR lady at the Denver airport and asking her everything from suspected swastika runway layouts to giant underground bunkers, and it just sounded more and more idiotic the more he blathered on about it. She did a good job of debunking the myths, but I'm sure that won't convince the crazies.

I do think the Georgia Guidestones are fascinating, but unfortunately I think that it's now just become a symbol of everything evil to the conspiracy crackpots and ultra-religious nutjobs. The problem with keeping RC Christian's identity a secret is that you can fill in the blanks of whatever insane theory you want about him.

And I used to enjoy the History Channel, but now it's showing nothing but pure garbage from Ancient Aliens to this hokum.