My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

swole

I wanted to apologize if i have offended anyone with my Avatar. I was not aware that I was giving of the impression that I was a Mason. I have taken it down and extend my sincere apologies if i did give that impression. Once I become a brother, earn it and learn how to protect it, I will proudly display it again. Thanks for your understanding and tolerance of a "NOOB" like me lol

-Swole

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I wanted to apologize if i have offended anyone with my Avatar. I was not aware that I was giving of the impression that I was a Mason. I have taken it down and extend my sincere apologies if i did give that impression. Once I become a brother, earn it and learn how to protect it, I will proudly display it again. Thanks for your understanding and tolerance of a "NOOB" like me lol

-Swole

No worries :) We're glad to have you here! BTW, I'm the biggest noob on here so don't feel bad.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
the equivalent of wearing masonic jewelry on a forum :)

no big deal.

H

Huw

I liked your old avatar too, swole.

I'm not even sure if it's technically improper, since I doubt that there's a specific rule in anyone's rulebook about avatars. Personally, I saw it simply as an indication of your serious interest. However, I can imagine that some people might think it a little presumptuous, so I suppose it may be better for you to have changed it.

But as soon as you're eligible to use it without anyone potentially feeling upset, please put back the old avatar, it was good.

Best,

Huw

swole

Thanks HUW, I agree don't wanna offend anyone, that's why I took it down. It'll mean much more when I earn it.

Last edited:

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
I liked your old avatar too, swole.

I'm not even sure if it's technically improper, since I doubt that there's a specific rule in anyone's rulebook about avatars. Personally, I saw it simply as an indication of your serious interest. However, I can imagine that some people might think it a little presumptuous, so I suppose it may be better for you to have changed it.

But as soon as you're eligible to use it without anyone potentially feeling upset, please put back the old avatar, it was good.

Best,

Huw

Okay here is the deal.

Freemasonry as a general rule is no different that that of any other fraternity in the world. One who is not a member should not represent themselves as such. For example someone who is not Sigma Alpha Mu should not wear the Greek letters, Masonry is no different.

As to the comment specific to avatars I offer this comment. When I was initiated I was told that I could not wear masonic jewelry or other items until I was raised as a Master Mason. A friend gave me some white tail light decals to which I split up and placed one on my wife's car and one on mine. I later found out that the one on my wife's car was acceptable, but the one on my truck was not.

Now when a new EA is brought in they are told the same things about the S&Cs as I was but are also warned to not place the emblem on their vehical until they are raised as a Master Mason.

swole, I would not sweat the issue at all. There was no way that you could have known about it prior to being told. I look forward to you being able to proudly display your S&Cs in the near future!!

Take Care!

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
it's good practice not to imply on these forums that you are indeed a mason in any way as it invites a violation of our rules. he was right to take it down.

that being said, this was no big deal. he wasn't putting himself on as a mason in the least. it's more a precautionary measure for future and past members (we've had problems with this in the past) that's important.

regardless of who gets offended, this thread needs no further discussion. i'm going to lock it. he did nothing wrong, he apologized for any possibly transgressions, that's all there is to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.