My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Becoming a Mason in a Mass Ceremony.

adc100

I know a number of men that did this. I considered it many years ago. I suspect that if you do it this way you will forever lose something that words can't describe. I wonder if someone who has gone this route has second thoughts about the process. And if he attends Lodge initiations all the more so. I assume it is not possible to become "Raised" again in a Lodge. I assume not.

Winter

Premium Member
When I petitioned over 25 years ago I was clueless about how the process worked. So when I was raised in a Man to Mason class I thought that was just how it was done. It wasn't until later that I discovered how the degrees should work and I have been an ardent advocate against one day classes ever since. I firmly believe that they absolutely are detrimental to the iniitiatic experience the candidate should go through.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I know a number of men that did this. I considered it many years ago. I suspect that if you do it this way you will forever lose something that words can't describe. I wonder if someone who has gone this route has second thoughts about the process. And if he attends Lodge initiations all the more so. I assume it is not possible to become "Raised" again in a Lodge. I assume not.
Mass Ceremonies Rob Candidates of their Riteful Masonic Experience. Don't do it!