My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contemplative Masonry

Griffin

Brother of the R+C
Premium Member
Brothers,

This is the only site I know about that actually offers a practical course of inner work just for the Masonic tradition. I highly recommend it.

http://www.mastermason.com/contemplative_masonry/

“Whence, why and whither?†These three questions, pleadings from the darkness of mere existence, prompted the seeking that led many of us to the door of Masonry. Somehow, as outsiders we accurately perceived that the Craft offered a special light. In seeking initiation, we believed that Masonry could be the companion of our various religions, and a means by which the great mysteries of existence could be more fully revealed. After receiving initiation, we hoped that somewhere within its edifice we would find contemplative brethren who could guide us along such a path. Unfortunately, except for the most rare cases, Masonry has responded to such desires with debate, confusion, silence and only the dimmest flickers of light from an ancient unseen source.

The idea, the practice and the movement of Contemplative Masonry seeks to fulfill that vision. Its mission is to offer every Master Mason education, training, guidance and fellowship in his rightful pursuit of more spiritual light in Masonry. Contemplative Masonry does not denigrate other Masonic purposes and pursuits, such as academic research, community service, charity, and moral and social brotherhood. Rather, it seeks to compliment and enhance the whole. It is also important to note that Contemplative Masonry does not seek to make a religion of the Craft. It maintains, even supports and pays homage to every Mason’s right and responsibility to exercise his own form of faith. Likewise, Contemplative Masonry imposes no doctrines or creeds upon its practitioners.

There used to be an online group for Masons practicing this system, but it is now defunct. Not too surprising, really, because this sort of thing is a very personal and private pursuit.