My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Esoteric Masonry

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Reading Building Free Men by Brother John Nagy. I just read about 12 pages on the difference between Masonry and Freemasonry. I do not fully understand the distinction. Can anyone who has read this book contribute your thoughts on understanding this difference?
Some further readings:

Brother JStoffo

Brother John, I recall seeing a video where you explain that Jubelo, Jubela and Jubelum may have been taken from the phrase "I want it" in French. I asked a Frenchman in Europe last week how he would say "I want it" and he did indeed say verbatim "Jubela" (French accent and spelling not included). Now I cannot locate it. Can you direct me to that video please? I believe it was on this site.

Thanks

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Brother John, I recall seeing a video where you explain that Jubelo, Jubela and Jubelum may have been taken from the phrase "I want it" in French. I asked a Frenchman in Europe last week how he would say "I want it" and he did indeed say verbatim "Jubela" (French accent and spelling not included). Now I cannot locate it. Can you direct me to that video please? I believe it was on this site.

Thanks
The research came from the book, "A Brother Asks - Volume 1"

I'll have to take a look through the videos to see where I mentioned it.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I am not a French speaker, but would it not be “je le veux”?

The French jube’ means rood or screen.

Thanks

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I am not a French speaker, but would it not be “je le veux”?

The French jube’ means rood or screen.
Close... .keep in mind, it was phonetically "derived" from Northern French circa 1760, before modern French took over that region.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Brother Glen, you should know Brother John won't share research here when he could sell it to Brothers!
An absolutely unworthy attack from a Brother who should know better.

Last edited:

Brother JStoffo

Just finished reading “Building Free Men”. Could have done it in two days but it took me five because I wanted to review the exhaustive research that Bro. Dr. John did and is there to find for free on Bing or Google which is why I am certain that Bro Winter was just kidding. Anyone that looks into Bro Professor Nagy can see that he is forthcoming in his online, free broadcasting of Masonic education. Thank you, Sir! That said, I hope that in this forum, we can have some levity, education and Masonic Brotherly love along with our staunch discourse. And I recommend this read. As a Mason, I certainly was enlightened on many fronts and will bring it to my Lodge. I think that is the point of the material. All kidding aside.

Winter

Premium Member
An absolutely unworthy attack from a Brother who should know better.
Not an attack. More friendly chiding since instead of continuing the discussion with the information requested you replied where anyone interested could purchase it from you.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Not an attack.
I don't believe for a second that you truly believe that your comment was meant as you claim it was intended. It was an attack.
More friendly chiding
It is not friendly in any way when you accuse a Brother of mercenary motives, (Brother John won't share research here when he could sell it to Brothers!) no matter how friendly you want to claim that accusation was.

I share an unbelievable amount of research with my Brothers and I do so freely through posts, videos, and live presentations worldwide. You? Not even close.

Your chiding is contempt for someone you truly don't know. It is not friendly at all. If you did know me as a friend and as a Brother, you would not take such gross liberties. There's no friendship here.
since instead of continuing the discussion with the information requested you replied where anyone interested could purchase it from you.
This is where your interpretation of what I said and my motives are assumptively wrong and grossly mischaracterizing. I provided to him the source he requested. It is entirely up to him as to how he chooses to pursue it.

You have an agenda my Brother, and it's clear that it ain't a Brotherly one.

Time to ignore future comments from you. They are no longer welcome.

Bloke

Premium Member
I don't believe for a second that you truly believe that your comment was meant as you claim it was intended. It was an attack.

It is not friendly in any way when you accuse a Brother of mercenary motives, (Brother John won't share research here when he could sell it to Brothers!) no matter how friendly you want to claim that accusation was.

I share an unbelievable amount of research with my Brothers and I do so freely through posts, videos, and live presentations worldwide. You? Not even close.

Your chiding is contempt for someone you truly don't know. It is not friendly at all. If you did know me as a friend and as a Brother, you would not take such gross liberties. There's no friendship here.

This is where your interpretation of what I said and my motives are assumptively wrong and grossly mischaracterizing. I provided to him the source he requested. It is entirely up to him as to how he chooses to pursue it.

You have an agenda my Brother, and it's clear that it ain't a Brotherly one.

Time to ignore future comments from you. They are no longer welcome.
Hello Bro. For what's is worth, knowing a little of you both, I did not see it as an attack..

In all instances I would ask a Brother to forgive. All family have misunderstandings, include the Brotherhood of Freemasonry.. Families don't say together if they cannot forgive the things which should be forgiven.

Brother JStoffo

Brother John, I just started my second book by you. Ther are quite a few pages in this one, as the last one, regarding the distinction between Masons and Freemasons. I offer no resistance to this and am completely open to the concept and even finally understand this difference, and am wondering if you can you share why you feel so strongly in establishing this distinction? In the last book that I read, the concept was presented somewhere in the middle. In the current one, it is presented pretty much immediately and therefore must be important to you. Again, I do not pose the question in an attempt to derail your research and conclusions. Rather to seek further Light in Freemasonry. We appreciate your time.