My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally started my own business

ahyen

I started selling place mat advertising. And so far it's going great. Put it into action today. My goals...

Find three restaurants to put the place mats in. It's free for them. I have two so far.

Next I find local businesses to advertise on the place mats.

I found a printer. They will make them for me. I'm a bit disappointed though I didn't want paper ones I wanted real ones.

I'm sure using real place mats will increase the cost for an ad so I'm not sure what to do hear.

Every one else uses paper. Like printer paper. I wanted to deliver quality. I had it all planned out.

What do you guys think, should I keep going like I am or should I go back and find a better printer? You know the real place mats right? They aren't paper. They are kinda like rubber or something I think.

Freemason Connect Mobile

dfreybur

Premium Member
What do you guys think, should I keep going like I am or should I go back and find a better printer? You know the real place mats right? They aren't paper. They are kinda like rubber or something I think.

Work with what you have when you have it. Keep trying to improve on a couple of fronts at once. Deliver those paper ones and ask your clients if they want better ones.

Here's an advantage to paper ones - You keep printing them so you keep cycling the advertizing to keep it fresh.

Here's an advantage to ones encases in plastic sheets - The restaurants wipe them off and reuse them so you don't have to print as many.

There are machines that encase dues cards in plastic. I'm sure there exist machines big enough to do that with place mats. Buy one or hire it out? In any business there is a never ending list of make versus buy decisions. Run the numbers.

ahyen

Thank you :) yeah your right about the paper ones. And the ones I wanted are really expensive. I'll stick with the paper for now. But I've been playing with the idea of doing the same thing but with calendars. Sell ad space on the calendars and give them away free at doctors office and other by appointment type of businesses. Any one have any thoughts about that idea

Freemason Connect Mobile

nilson

Dont forget box toppers for delivery pizza places. I just bought an add for one ($100 for half a business card size) they print 10,000 of them free for the pizza shop, put their menu on the back and adds on the front with a word find in the middle.

Freemason Connect Mobile

nilson

Either way keep your prices reasonable with long term durations. For instance, 10,000 box toppers lasts the local shop about five months. That means my add is going out there for five months = 20 bucks a month. I am sick of wasting my money in newspaper adds costing 300 per week with very little reach. People want cheep effective adds. And i would much rather spend a few hundred on many adds in different places.

Freemason Connect Mobile

dew_time

I started selling place mat advertising. And so far it's going great. Put it into action today. My goals...

Find three restaurants to put the place mats in. It's free for them. I have two so far.

Next I find local businesses to advertise on the place mats.

I found a printer. They will make them for me. I'm a bit disappointed though I didn't want paper ones I wanted real ones.

I'm sure using real place mats will increase the cost for an ad so I'm not sure what to do hear.

Every one else uses paper. Like printer paper. I wanted to deliver quality. I had it all planned out.

Freemason Connect Mobile

I say keep the paper ones. you can add or remove advertisements as needed without to much lost money. Plus it would be easier for the food joint to deal with when resetting the tables between customers. Paper is compost... real, or rubber, is not so eco friendly.

Freemason Connect Mobile