My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Albert Pike

He first joined the Independent Order of Odd Fellows in 1840 then had in the interim joined a Masonic Lodge and became extremely active in the affairs of the organization, being elected Sovereign Grand Commander of the Scottish Rite's Southern Jurisdiction in 1859.[9] He remained Sovereign Grand Commander for the remainder of his life (a total of thirty-two years), devoting a large amount of his time to developing the rituals of the order.[12] Notably, he published a book called Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry in 1871, of which there were several subsequent editions.

Pike is still regarded in America as an eminent[13][dead link] and influential[14] Freemason, primarily only in the Scottish Rite Southern Jurisdiction. ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1390657679.887329.jpg

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

The SERVICE

Brother Albert Pike is awesome. I'm still studying his Morals & Dogma :)

Jason Cardona
The SERVICE
Owner/Operator
"Honor Leads The Way"

legorix

Albert Pike was many things. He was among other things a philosopher, teacher, poet, prolific writer, etc. He epitomizes the word genius. His insight of history as it pertained to the Craft, as well as Freemasonry's invisible and yet undeniable connection with other mystery schools was uncanny. He was a Master Craftsman if there ever was one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using My Freemasonry HD mobile app

Pscyclepath

Premium Member
Albert Pike settled here in Little Rock, and was a prominent citizen here in Arkansas until his old Confederate ties and the post-war/reconstruction economy caused him to move to DC. The Valley of Little Rock, as well as the Grand Lodge of Arkansas meet in the Albert Pike Memorial Temple, AASR, at the intersection of 7th and Scott streets. 4 blocks down 7th street, at the intersection of 7th & Rock, is Pike's old home, built in 1838, currently a museum of sorts and event center owned by the city of Little Rock. The Pike family's burial plot is a short distance away in Mt. Holly Cemetery, at the intersection of 12th and Broadway. Pike was raised a Master Mason in Western Star Lodge #2, and was a founding member of Union Chapter #2, RAM, Occidental Council R&SM, and Hugh de Payens Commandery #1, all of which still meet at the Grand Lodge building at 700 Scott Street, as well as Magnolia Lodge #60, still active on Markham Street, near War Memorial Stadium. An excellent book, if you can find it, is Walter Brown's "A Life of Albert Pike," written in 1990 and published by the University of Arkansas Press.

The little valley along "Greasy Creek" (Little Missouri River) where Pike wrote and edited much of "Morals & Dogma" is a U.S. Forest Service campground near Langley & Glenwood. Four years ago there was a flash flood through the site which killed ~20 campers (http://abcnews.go.com/WN/Media/camp...lood-albert-pike-campground/story?id=10889327), and little remains of the old Pike homestead, but this is still a good place, as Pike found, to get away from it all ;-)

There are lots of Pike features around central Arkansas, and you can pretty much make a nice little vacation here following in his footsteps...

zouzoum

Can I download morals and dogma for free from the Internet ? If not how can I buy it ?

rebis

Premium Member
Can I download morals and dogma for free from the Internet ? If not how can I buy it ?

Lodges usually have a copy of the book in their libraries. I would start there and ask to borrow it.

There are copies sold on ebay as well.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I am now in the process of slogging my way through Morals and Dogma. I am trying to understand it at well as possible so it is slow going. I have to look up many things.