George Washington Master Mason Degree

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Mark Petro, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Mark Petro

Mark Petro Registered User

I have been selected to receive the George Washington Master Mason ceremony here in El Paso 2/25/19. It's going to be an awesome experience! Everyone will supposedly wear colonial dress so I don't know what to expect.

2. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Sounds very interesting! I envy you the experience.

jermy Bell likes this.
  3. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

This sounds right up Brother Doug’s alley! He’s always up for a tricorn hat.

dfreybur likes this.
  4. jermy Bell

jermy Bell Registered User

I would love to witness that and the degrees they do in civil war atire.

Adrian Martinez likes this.
  5. Winter

Winter Premium Member

When I was Master of my Lodge in Wisconsin I sponsored a group of Brothers in the area who were avid Civil War reenactors to form a themed Lodge where all members conducted the work in period garb and styling. My Lodge became one of their official home meeting locations. I even acquired full kit for a SGM in the 20th Maine Volunteer Infantry so I could participate, though I never actually got a plural membership. The Lodge is named for the two Brothers in the famous story from the Civil War that highlighted our compassion for one another despite differences. Armistead-Bingham Lodge #1862 is alive and well today!

http://armisteadbinghamlodge1862.blogspot.com/

6. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Great!

7. Patrick W

Patrick W Registered User

Congratulations brother

Cheers,

Patrick W

8. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Sounds like the Masonic Knights Templar. ;)

9. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

It is interesting that they perform a "George Washington" MM degree. For anyone who has attended one of these, is the ritual any different than the normal MM ritual in the Jurisdiction?

It is doubtful many from outside of Pennsylvania would recognize the rituals wherein Bro. George Washington was Entered, Passed and Raised as at the time of his joining the Fraternity, his Lodge was one of the "other Masonic Jurisdictions Thereunto Belonging" to the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania.

It is also interesting to note, that Bro. George was Worshipful Master of his Lodge when it changed Jurisdictions from the GLof PA to the GLofVA, so he is one of a handful of brothers to be WM of the same Lodge under 2 separate Grand Lodges.

tldubb and Chaz like this.
  10. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

I will also note that we are doing our next Stated Meeting, Next Wednesday in Civil War Uniforms and the Program will center around Freemasonry in Pennsylvania during the Civil War. Specific segments will be on Gen. Hancock, The events commemorated by the "Friend to Friend" monument on the Gettysburg Battlefield, and the Burning of Chambersburg, where the 1/2 block surrounding the Masonic Lodge was spared from the burning.

Mark Stockdale likes this.
  11. Mark Petro

Mark Petro Registered User

I was raised to the sublime degree of Master Mason last night. It was truly a remarkable an memorable experience!

12. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Welcome again, and again, to the family thrice adopted Brother.

Share My Freemasonry