My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting weird vibes at first meeting.

Pscyclepath

Premium Member
Depends on the individual lodges. Here in AR, we still have a fair number of lodges that have bi-monthly stated meetings (e.g., the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays), but the _norm_ is one stated meeting per month, with the other days used for ritual practice, candidate instruction, or just plain coffee drinking and fellowship, or all of the above...

kclee6337

Im sorry I meant twice a month for official meetings. But often throughout the week they had unofficial get togethers for "studying"?

Thank you everyone for your feedback. Im not even close to giving up. In two week the lodges in the area and surrounding towns will be having their meetings and I plan on going to as many as I can. I'll keep everyone updated.

Rick Carver

Premium Member
KCLEE, are you in the Kansas City area? If so, we need to talk.

I can honestly say that the body of Freemasonry has never disappointed me, but its members have. I am sure the same can be said by some of my Brothers about me. The best advice I can offer is to put your faith in the Craft. The Light that is there is for you to learn and to use. The initiatic experience of Freemasonry, if conveyed precisely as stated in our ritual, contains all the elements necessary for candidates to attain an understanding of Masonic Light, even when those providing the Degrees do not themselves fully understand this. This is a nice way of saying that there may be a few jerks, but the basic information is still there for you to grasp. Go for it.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Don't let it deflate you. It's really about how bad you want it. A lot of people come through our doors curious but not totally committed. Keep going, keep showing up, keep asking and show them that this is what you truly want.

Brotherhood is built by commitment.
Sounds like a good plan and good advice.

louise evans

Lol
Levelhead brings up a good point. Some guys may be gun shy because every now and then you get a weirdo who walks in hoping that by joining they will learn all the secrets to riches and wealth, or they want to join the Illuminati. These days you never know who is gonna walk through the doors.