My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GL of Mississippi Votes Down Proposal

As the situation in Georgia and Tennessee gathers attention from other Grand Lodges, one bit of encouraging news came in today.

A Brother at this weekend's annual communication of the Grand Lodge of Mississippi F&AM reports that the proposal to add wording to that state's petition for the degrees of Masonry to specifically bar transgender or homosexual males did not gather enough votes from the assembled Brethren to even be sent to committee.

The proposal died on the floor.

Continue reading...

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Well..the gay part i agree with...trans ..nope never....will never make it past any west gate i get a vote in

Sent from my LG-D415 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

dfreybur

Premium Member
A proposal to make the petition say "natural born male" happened in the years I was a Warden in California. 1998. It failed.

What happened is a PM went through the transition to female. She demited from his lodge. She petitioned an Amaranth council. One of the women who signed her petition stated she'd known her since birth. As she had been male at birth and only legally female since completing the transition that was not true. Having a false statement on the petition made it a straightforward to press charges, have a trial and expel the person.

Since one of the PMs at my lodge was in the Amaranth state line at the time he was asked to put forward legislation at the blue lodge GL.

BroBook

Premium Member
Logic suggest to "me" that a gay man is still a man and a woman that has a sex change is still a woman.

JJones

I am really starting to believe that there is a vocal minority that is very, very, adamant about this on the internet. No masons I know in person even know about this situation, let alone scream injustice from the mountain tops like some of the folks I've seen online.

IMO, decisions about what men can join and what men can't are decisions best left to individual lodges. Still, the jurisdiction has the right to do things like this if they wish, and if Georgia brethren feel strongly enough about this then they will change this down the road.