My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have I spotted a trend?

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
I think I may have found a way to get an idea of how good a home in a real estate listing might be. If one narrows down price range, beds, baths, location, etc., there's another variable that might be worth looking at:

Number of pictures in the online ad (on a site like realtor.com). It seems that the worse a place is, the fewer pictures accompany the ad, and vice-versa. I'm sure it's not a simple linear relationship, but it might be worth considering. It does make a crude sort of sense. If a realtor is trying to unload a pig in a poke, they're not going to want prospective customers to see "too much" of it if the matter can be helped. A few "best spot" shots, and then emotion takes over. However, if you've got it, flaunt it. So there'll be picture after picture of a great place.

JJones

Some realtors have a real gift for finding the right camera angles that make that shack look like a nice place...or keep the neighbors houses out of the picture.

We've been looking for a while and I'm in agreement though: the less pics the worse the property...and if there's no interior pics then you know something is up.