My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Historical society in Pa.

Bro. Rob Vasquez

My daughter recently went on a school trip to the Historical Society in our town. The lady who was their guide asked if anyone had any questions. (My daughter is in 4th grade) She asked the lady:" is it true that many of our presidents were Freemasons ?" The ladies response was, thats not how it is anymore because freemasonry has died out. I thought that was an odd answer:/ My daughter said she was an elderly woman also so i thought she would have been more factual in her statement. Did I miss the memo?

Freemason Connect Mobile

brodj1449

In surprised a lady of get age would say that as well in her day we were. Strong in numbers and also PA has a strong Masonic history

Hiram Abiff Lodge #72

dfreybur

Premium Member
A history buff not being up on current events? That's cliche' enough to be in a parody. It's a mixture of hilarious and pitiful.

Bro. Rob Vasquez

I have come up with a theory why the lady at the historical society gave my daughter that weird answer about Masons. The first president of the historical society was a man named William Muhlenberg Heister. He was know to be anti-masonic and was well know in this area. I'm sure she probably knows this being quite old herself and likely knowing the history of the historical society here and who it's first president was . I included a link about W.M. Heister to support my claim.

http://bioguide.congress.gov/scripts/biodisplay.pl?index=H000575

Freemason Connect HD

crono782

Premium Member
I've come to find out that some are just less informed. Learned recently that my grandparents didn't realize Shriners were Masonic, hah.

Freemason Connect HD